Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people.)

Like other resistance protests, and like previous gun-control marches, the March for Our Lives was mostly women. Whereas the 2017 Women’s March was 85 percent women, the March for Our Lives was 70 percent women. Further, participants were highly educated; 72 percent had a BA or higher.

Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control.

Participants were also more likely than those at recent marches to be first-time protesters. About 27 percent of participants at the March for Our Lives had never protested before. This group was less politically engaged in general: Only about a third of them had contacted an elected official in the past year, while about three-quarters of the more seasoned protesters had.

Even more interesting, the new protesters were less motivated by the issue of gun control. In fact, only 12 percent of the people who were new to protesting reported that they were motivated to join the march because of the gun-control issue, compared with 60 percent of the participants with experience protesting.

Instead, new protesters reported being motivated by the issues of peace (56 percent) and Trump (42 percent), who has been a galvanizing force for many protests.

March for Our Lives protesters were also more likely to identify as ideologically moderate. About 16 percent did so, higher than at any other protest event since the inauguration. But unsurprisingly, it was still a very liberal crowd: 79 percent identified as “left-leaning” and 89 percent reported voting for Hillary Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/03/28/heres-who-actually-attended-the-march-for-our-lives-no-it-wasnt-mostly-young-people/

Reactions: 4 people
Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
This march was a voter-registration drive.....The voting age should be raised back to 21...(with exception for military personnel)....The young are being exploited for their votes by the left-wing hucksters...

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
This march was a voter-registration drive.....The voting age should be raised back to 21...(with exception for military personnel)....The young are being exploited for their votes by the left-wing hucksters...
I have advocated for some time for a universal age of responsibility be it 18/21/25 is debatable but it should all be one age. Prision, drivers license, gun, booze, legally binding contracts exc.

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
I have advocated for some time for a universal age of responsibility be it 18/21/25 is debatable but it should all be one age. Prision, drivers license, gun, booze, legally binding contracts exc.
I agree with you....But I'd trust a kid with a six-pack and a 12 gauge before I trust him in a voting booth......

Maybe that is because I drank legal at 18 and was handling an M-79 grenade launcher and a .45 in Vietnam and not being able to vote for the Commander-in-Cheif who was sending me there... And I grew up just fine...:lol::lol::lol:

Dec 2015
Arizona
To use your verbiage, Sabcat. This thread is...."ADORABLE". Tens of thousands of people attended the rally and 256 were sampled?

As ONE of the commenters said: Is it possible that the people who actually talked to them were a skewed subsample of the people they tapped to talked to them?

Because I have to be honest- I'm skeptical of these data. People came and went. The route was over a mile long in D.C. Exactly HOW does this make survey accurate?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
To use your verbiage, Sabcat. This thread is...."ADORABLE". Tens of thousands of people attended the rally and 256 were sampled?

As ONE of the commenters said: Is it possible that the people who actually talked to them were a skewed subsample of the people they tapped to talked to them?

Because I have to be honest- I'm skeptical of these data. People came and went. The route was over a mile long in D.C. Exactly HOW does this make survey accurate?
Tim pool covers it w/ video

https://youtu.be/k-XVP9gLAhQ

Nov 2012
Kekistan
Who actually attended march for our lives

Who actually attended march for your property? I mean lives. Well, you know the large gathering of people demanding to have their rights limited and other peoples property seized, that gathering. Well, it was to march for the lives of the innocent, mostly white, suburban high school kids who have been involved in school shootings. The problem was, it was on a Saturday. So, since it was not a get out of school day, but a lets fuck up my Saturday The kids did not get involved. Instead it was the usual people who show up to wail and moan about Trump and other stuff.

Like other resistance protests, and like previous gun-control marches, the March for Our Lives was mostly women. Whereas the 2017 Women’s March was 85 percent women, the March for Our Lives was 70 percent women. Further, participants were highly educated; 72 percent had a BA or higher.

Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/03/28/heres-who-actually-attended-the-march-for-our-lives-no-it-wasnt-mostly-young-people/?utm_term=.f5c3535cc61c

Sounds like it might have been a good place to get laid maybe with all the women. If you could wear ear plugs and not put up with the liberal shrieking at the sky and wailing over Trump.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
No!no!No! It was 500,000 children. This is the new leftist movement. All of these children are mobilized. They are going to change the world. Jusr look at the legacy media tv stations. They will tell you so.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2013
Ohio
Please stick to a consistent talking point wingnuts. Were the marchers entitled, clueless school students who couldn’t have possibly formed their own opinion or were they primarily repeat offenders from the Women’s March ? How can a right winger discern fake news from real news when your brains operate on a steady diet of conflicting fake news ? Either way, both marches drew considerably more interest than Spanky Pants’ Inauguration.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
Please stick to a consistent talking point wingnuts. Were the marchers entitled, clueless school students who couldn’t have possibly formed their own opinion or were they primarily repeat offenders from the Women’s March ? How can a right winger discern fake news from real news when your brains operate on a steady diet of conflicting fake news ? Either way, both marches drew considerably more interest than Spanky Pants’ Inauguration.
Inauguration?

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.