Hey! All You Trump Supporters ... Was It Worth It?

May 2018
Chicago
The Congress controls the federal budget. That is in the Constitution as well. The Congress approved grants to the Army and the Park Service to fund these types of celebrations. If DC wants more money, that money has to go through the Congress. So far you have spewed ego and hate and have not offered a factual basis for any of it. You should begin with reading the Constitution and then cry to Nancy Pelosi because the House has to originate the funds, not the POTUS.
One more time, show where Congress approved money for Trump's 4th of July jerk fest. Link to it. Thanks.

Is congress allowed to say they won't provide security for the president? Can you show me where that is in our laws?

May 2018
Chicago
The protesters did not eat "up the police budget". The money would have been spent regardless. That is the cost of providing security when the President appears in public. The campaign is supposed to pay any costs incurred with the inauguration, they have refused. The Feds should pay any money for the July 4th Trumpapalooza.

Trying to blame the "left wing protesters" for the expense of providing security for the President is like blaming a slippery sidewalk for the cost of your home owners insurance. You were going to have to pay the insurance premium whether or not the ice formed on your sidewalk.
Bingo.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
The Congress controls the federal budget. That is in the Constitution as well. The Congress approved grants to the Army and the Park Service to fund these types of celebrations. If DC wants more money, that money has to go through the Congress. So far you have spewed ego and hate and have not offered a factual basis for any of it. You should begin with reading the Constitution and then cry to Nancy Pelosi because the House has to originate the funds, not the POTUS.
That's the point, they were NOT funded for these types of celebrations. For the inauguration that expense falls to the Trump campaign which has, so far, refused to pay. For the July 4th Trumpalooza that expense should fall to the Feds, not DC.

Reactions: RNG and leekohler2
May 2019
USA
That's the point, they were NOT funded for these types of celebrations. For the inauguration that expense falls to the Trump campaign which has, so far, refused to pay. For the July 4th Trumpalooza that expense should fall to the Feds, not DC.
The federal government funds the grants, and from what I have read, the biggest beneficiary of these grants is a company that overwhelmingly donates to democrats. Either way, if DC needs more money, they need to go to Congress.

May 2019
USA
One more time, show where Congress approved money for Trump's 4th of July jerk fest. Link to it. Thanks.

Is congress allowed to say they won't provide security for the president? Can you show me where that is in our laws?
When you actually provide a factual basis to refute anything I have posted, then perhaps I will. Until then, I am done entertaining ignorance,

Reactions: BondJmsBond
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
The federal government funds the grants, and from what I have read, the biggest beneficiary of these grants is a company that overwhelmingly donates to democrats. Either way, if DC needs more money, they need to go to Congress.
DC has gone to the people that should give them the money. The Trump Campaign in the case of the inauguration and the Federal Government for the Trumpapalooza.

What your suggesting is that if your neighbor tears up your front yard that you should go the bank you both use for the money instead of getting it from him.

May 2019
USA
Actually they are. The DC Emergency Planning and Security Fund is funded by the Department of Homeland Security to the tune of about $13,000,000.00 annually. If the fund is depleted, then they have to go back through the Department of Homeland Security whose budget is controlled by Congress which takes back to what I have been saying all along. They need to be talking to Nancy and stop screeching about Trump.

May 2019
USA
DC has gone to the people that should give them the money. The Trump Campaign in the case of the inauguration and the Federal Government for the Trumpapalooza.

What your suggesting is that if your neighbor tears up your front yard that you should go the bank you both use for the money instead of getting it from him.
Congress is DC's landlord, not its neighbor and what happened with the inauguration has nothing to do with the today as that was a separate fiscal year, not that I have seen anything suggesting Trump was responsible for paying for security already funded by Congress..

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Actually they are. The DC Emergency Planning and Security Fund is funded by the Department of Homeland Security to the tune of about $13,000,000.00 annually. If the fund is depleted, then they have to go back through the Department of Homeland Security whose budget is controlled by Congress which takes back to what I have been saying all along. They need to be talking to Nancy and stop screeching about Trump.
The point is that DC should not have had to use the money in that fund for the inauguration and for Trumpapalooza. That money is for EMERGENCY Planning and Security..neither of these issues constitute an emergency.
ESPECIALLY the inauguration which isn’t even supposed to be paid for by the Government at any level, the Trump Campaign is responsible for that.

May 2018
Chicago
The point is that DC should not have had to use the money in that fund for the inauguration and for Trumpapalooza. That money is for EMERGENCY Planning and Security..neither of these issues constitute an emergency.
ESPECIALLY the inauguration which isn’t even supposed to be paid for by the Government at any level, the Trump Campaign is responsible for that.
You're talking to a brick wall. The Trumpettes will never hold Trump responsible for anything. Everything is someone else's responsibility, even if its not. He's the next one about to hit my ignore list. I have no time for the willfully ignorant.

Reactions: tristanrobin