Hey! All You Trump Supporters ... Was It Worth It?

May 2018
Chicago
Actually they are. The DC Emergency Planning and Security Fund is funded by the Department of Homeland Security to the tune of about $13,000,000.00 annually. If the fund is depleted, then they have to go back through the Department of Homeland Security whose budget is controlled by Congress which takes back to what I have been saying all along. They need to be talking to Nancy and stop screeching about Trump.
Now wait, who decided to have this little 4th of July jerk fest again? Who was that? Any clues?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
The Congress controls the federal budget. That is in the Constitution as well. The Congress approved grants to the Army and the Park Service to fund these types of celebrations. If DC wants more money, that money has to go through the Congress. So far you have spewed ego and hate and have not offered a factual basis for any of it. You should begin with reading the Constitution and then cry to Nancy Pelosi because the House has to originate the funds, not the POTUS.

Congress includes the SENATE which is REPUBLICAN controlled. Also maybe YOU should reread the constitution !! Any bills that raise or generate TAXES must originate in the house.

However SPENDING bills can originate in EITHER house !! Too bad so sad you can’t lay this at Pelosi’s feet.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Weren't we the people told that the money for the bigly July 4th parade (for Trump) paid for through funds from the National Park Service? What did I miss?
I've also read that Trump wants to do this shindig again next year. Is that correct?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
That was just the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Security has to be present and paid for at events such as this, regardless of who shows up. It's a given. Its not as if security only shows up if there are protesters. Good god, the level of willful stupidity and ignorance is astonishing.
This was a tweet this morning, I don't remember if it was sourced or net. But Dotard still owes DC for security for his ego-driven inauguration bread and circuses charade.

May 2019
USA
Congress includes the SENATE which is REPUBLICAN controlled. Also maybe YOU should reread the constitution !! Any bills that raise or generate TAXES must originate in the house.

However SPENDING bills can originate in EITHER house !! Too bad so sad you can’t lay this at Pelosi’s feet.
Yes I can. I already have.

May 2019
USA
The point is that DC should not have had to use the money in that fund for the inauguration and for Trumpapalooza. That money is for EMERGENCY Planning and Security..neither of these issues constitute an emergency.
ESPECIALLY the inauguration which isn’t even supposed to be paid for by the Government at any level, the Trump Campaign is responsible for that.
Not everything related to security is the President's choosing. So of the $26M DHS has given them since Trump has been POTUS, where did the other $18M go? Trump is always in Florida playing golf so can't be that. Hummm......

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
One thing i can always count on when coming here, is all the broad brushing and choir singing going on.

"Right wingers are evil and need to be tossed out of the country!" - Thousands of thanks are given.

"Left wingers are stupid morons and need to be squashed!" - One or two thanks are given.

Do people really read what they post? Do people stop and think before they like a post?

Hells bells! F**kin social media sucks!
giphy.gif

Last edited: