Hey! All You Trump Supporters ... Was It Worth It?

May 2018
Chicago
One thing i can always count on when coming here, is all the broad brushing and choir singing going on.

"Right wingers are evil and need to be tossed out of the country!" - Thousands of thanks are given.

"Left wingers are stupid morons and need to be squashed!" - One or two thanks are given.

Do people really read what they post? Do people stop and think before they like a post?

Hells bells! F**kin social media sucks!
View attachment 4356
I'm pretty sure that many people posting in this thread are concerned with the diversion and misuse of public funds for something that was entirely unnecessary. At least that's what I'm seeing. That makes me angry. Perhaps you have a different POV on the subject? Do you feel this was good use of public money?

Dec 2015
Arizona
I'm pretty sure that many people posting in this thread are concerned with the diversion and misuse of public funds for something that was entirely unnecessary. At least that's what I'm seeing. That makes me angry. Perhaps you have a different POV on the subject? Do you feel this was good use of public money?
Panther is just being Panther. He's a fence-sitter and maybe he thinks that's something to be proud of or maybe he just isn't into to political passion?? Maybe he thinks (as a moderator) that being calm and unbiased is appropriate....which would certainly be a refreshing change compared to another current DTT mod.
Panther wants to know if we really read what we write--if we really stop and THINK before we post. How would you respond to that, Lee?
Do you REALLY care about fiscal responsibility or are you just pretending? Do you REALLY think Trump is a total shit or could you be exaggerating? Do you really support equality, education, healthcare, & environmental issues or are you simply posting to kill time? Because that's basically what Panther is asking us. AND you say......

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I am sorry Lee, but complaining about misuse of public funds, or a waste of tax payer monies, is as American as apple pie. It is traditional and a cliche.

What I think? I think the amount spent of tax payer money is insane, regardless of which party is doing the spending, and they both do it in extremes.

However, It is always "ALWAYS" the party out of power who gripes the loudest about expense, until they're back In power. That is what I always see and read. Oh...And then there is Fiat currency, which also concerns me. But yeah, who cares...

As you can see, I can't take the gripe seriously (as most are not) when no one is really concerned about it, except in a political sense.

With that said, it doesn't matter what I think. I have no control over how either party drunkenly spends our taxes like there is no tomorrow. It will still happen just as surely as they continue borrowing anew with each new sunrise. It is impossible too stop, until it is forced too. All things will and must come to an end! The only question in my mind is when?

So yeah. If we think this President is bad at spending tax payer dollars, then just wait until the next one.

But, oh well. Republicans are evil and all Democrats are stupid. That line ought to net this post a few likes from somebody. ;)

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Panther is just being Panther. He's a fence-sitter and maybe he thinks that's something to be proud of or maybe he just isn't into to political passion??
I suppose your right. I am not into political passion so much as others. While not necessarily a bad thing, but when taken to extremes, as I currently believe, it clouds the minds of ordinarily intelligent people and colors their views to intolerable levels for other views. Then there is social media that makes this a sh!t ton worse in spreading the divisions.

So yeah, whatever political passion I may possess ends where rancorous division of such venom begins.

Panther wants to know if we really read what we write--if we really stop and THINK before we post. How would you respond to that, Lee?
Do you REALLY care about fiscal responsibility or are you just pretending? Do you REALLY think Trump is a total shit or could you be exaggerating? Do you really support equality, education, healthcare, & environmental issues or are you simply posting to kill time? Because that's basically what Panther is asking us. AND you say......
The real question I ponder here is, which posters thinks of themselves as Americans only versus those who can only think of their political party first over the interests for the rest of the country? In effect, being a part of the cause for the symptoms that has sickened our country.

I care more for my country than I ever will by following a party line.

(Side note): I've noted and Gordy has confirmed it as well, that this division of societies doesn't only affect the US, but many other countries as well.

To restate: Yes Clara. I don't ever see the best interest of the US being discussed. Only the best interest that suits either party.

Until that changes, I guess I'll just sit on that fence rolling my eyes in disbelief.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
To be fair, this is my own substantial failure in understanding or penetrating the minds for what truly drives my fellow Americans too such insane levels of political divisions.
Yes i said insane, because our daily discussions fit the definition to a T!

So, All i have is shallow theories and opinions with absolutely no research to back it up.

May 2018
Chicago
I am sorry Lee, but complaining about misuse of public funds, or a waste of tax payer monies, is as American as apple pie. It is traditional and a cliche.
Sorry to disappoint you, but some of us do actually care if taxpayer money is wasted on ego trips. This was a blatant misuse of taxpayer money- money we did not have to begin with. If you you are so cynical that nothing matters to you anymore, then I do not understand why you even bother to post in the first place.

I notice you offer no solutions of your own. Do you have any suggestions? Or is your MO just to criticize others for making theirs?

Last edited:
May 2018
Chicago
Panther is just being Panther. He's a fence-sitter and maybe he thinks that's something to be proud of or maybe he just isn't into to political passion?? Maybe he thinks (as a moderator) that being calm and unbiased is appropriate....which would certainly be a refreshing change compared to another current DTT mod.
I do care, obviously.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I suppose your right. I am not into political passion so much as others. While not necessarily a bad thing, but when taken to extremes, as I currently believe, it clouds the minds of ordinarily intelligent people and colors their views to intolerable levels for other views. Then there is social media that makes this a sh!t ton worse in spreading the divisions.

So yeah, whatever political passion I may possess ends where rancorous division of such venom begins.

The real question I ponder here is, which posters thinks of themselves as Americans only versus those who can only think of their political party first over the interests for the rest of the country? In effect, being a part of the cause for the symptoms that has sickened our country.
(Side note): I've noted and Gordy has confirmed it as well, that this division of societies doesn't only affect the US, but many other countries as well.
To restate: Yes Clara. I don't ever see the best interest of the US being discussed. Only the best interest that suits either party.
Until that changes, I guess I'll just sit on that fence rolling my eyes in disbelief.
Panther, I know I give you a hard time--really I do. Sorry. )-:
That's probably because I don't understand the political "shrugs". AND I realize that everyone's patriotism can be demonstrated in different ways, but for you to say that you don't see the best interest of the US being discussed?? I have to question that.
I can't imagine a subject that HAS NOT been discussed on DTT. Am I missing something? Because we have discussed every imaginable policy and those who propose those policies. We have discussed every candidate--every political platform--every type of science, weather, disease. We have discussed immigration, public education and healthcare, but you don't think we discuss what's best for the U.S?? Only the best interest that suits either party?? Some of this stuff is literally a NO-BRAINER.
Do we want everyone in this country to be educated? Yes or no? Do we want everyone in this country to have access to affordable healthcare? Yes or no? Do we want religious freedom? Yes or no. Do we want justice for all? Yes or no. Do we want every citizen to vote? Yes or no? This isn't brain surgery. It's pretty easy stuff.
The problems begin when we discuss the HOW and HOW MUCH.
There's so much I don't understand and I'm a pragmatist---try being a teacher/mom without pragmatism.
So when someone is absolutely outraged with Colin Kaepernick......I'm a little confused. He doesn't own Nike and he didn't make the business decision. He exercised his 1st Amendment right in kneeling/protest.
When someone is outraged at Megan Rapinoe....I'm a little confused. Megan and the Women's Soccer Team just won a world championship, wearing the red, white and blue, but because Megan exercised her 1st Amendment right SOME Americans are calling her disrespectful and un-American.
These are examples of hypocrisy. AND these are the same people who will join the military, die for the constitution and praise the Founders. Can you understand my dilemma here?

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Sorry to disappoint you, but some of us do actually care if taxpayer money is wasted on ego trips. This was a blatant misuse of taxpayer money- money we did not have to begin with.
A lot of government spending is done on waste. The questiom should be on the waste itself and not which party does it more. They both do, imho.

If you you are so cynical that nothing matters to you anymore, then I do not understand why you even bother to post in the first place.
If that is the impression i gave, then let me rephrase; Opinions do matter anymore because no one is comprehending the views of others.

I notice you offer no solutions of your own. Do you have any suggestions?
There are no solutions i can offer. Get rid of Trump and all the many issues will remain. As long as we're so politically divided then anything offered will be scrutinizes and criticized along party lines, as both sides and their hardcore voters fight for the limited government pie.

A solution to this mess we're in!? Hell! It would be easier for me to roll 5 ton boulder up a steep 10,000 foot mountain then it is to offer up a solution worth listening too.

Or is your MO just to criticize others for making theirs?
Fair enough. But, no. I don't like being a critic. I'd rather have fun and learn something here then be a constant grump.

Can't help calling it as i see it from my position.
With that thought in my head, i reckon i need to be less stubborn and more patiently tolerant.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Panther, I know I give you a hard time--really I do. Sorry. )-:
That's probably because I don't understand the political "shrugs". AND I realize that everyone's patriotism can be demonstrated in different ways, but for you to say that you don't see the best interest of the US being discussed?? I have to question that.
I can't imagine a subject that HAS NOT been discussed on DTT. Am I missing something? Because we have discussed every imaginable policy and those who propose those policies. We have discussed every candidate--every political platform--every type of science, weather, disease. We have discussed immigration, public education and healthcare, but you don't think we discuss what's best for the U.S?? Only the best interest that suits either party?? Some of this stuff is literally a NO-BRAINER.
Do we want everyone in this country to be educated? Yes or no? Do we want everyone in this country to have access to affordable healthcare? Yes or no? Do we want religious freedom? Yes or no. Do we want justice for all? Yes or no. Do we want every citizen to vote? Yes or no? This isn't brain surgery. It's pretty easy stuff.
The problems begin when we discuss the HOW and HOW MUCH.
There's so much I don't understand and I'm a pragmatist---try being a teacher/mom without pragmatism.
So when someone is absolutely outraged with Colin Kaepernick......I'm a little confused. He doesn't own Nike and he didn't make the business decision. He exercised his 1st Amendment right in kneeling/protest.
When someone is outraged at Megan Rapinoe....I'm a little confused. Megan and the Women's Soccer Team just won a world championship, wearing the red, white and blue, but because Megan exercised her 1st Amendment right SOME Americans are calling her disrespectful and un-American.
These are examples of hypocrisy. AND these are the same people who will join the military, die for the constitution and praise the Founders. Can you understand my dilemma here?
Yes i can understand your dilemma. At least i do try too.

Here is my dilemma that no one agrees with. In a nutshell: Democrats and Republicans had not been talking with one another in the past several decades, hence Trump. (All reasons in between is just noise) We are still in this predictament and more POTUS Trump looks very likely. That or whatever happens after 2020, one thing is guaranteed, Half the country will be pissed off with the 2020 results! IMHO, We are now stuck in some sort of negative cycle that has to finish running it course nefore amything else occurs.
We have failed too learn!

For myself, i am very fatigued and burnt out over the 24/7 controversies. I wasn't always so. But that was thousands of posts and many forums ago.

Of course, there is alway a 95% chance i am wrong.;)