Hey RNG ... RTL ... gee, it looks like your country has gone to pot.....

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't know how cannabis was legalized in Canada. Imo, Colorado amending the state Constitution is the "cleanest" way any state has legalized possession.

Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana

Canada has become the second country after Uruguay to legalise possession and use of recreational cannabis.

The nationwide market for cannabis opened on Wednesday at midnight amid lingering questions about the impact on health, the law and public safety.

Preparations included mailings to 15m households detailing the new cannabis laws and public awareness campaigns.

But there remain concerns, including about the readiness for police forces to tackle drug impaired driving.

Canadian provinces and municipalities have been preparing for months for the end of cannabis prohibition.

Provinces and territories are responsible for setting out many of the details for where cannabis can be bought and consumed within their jurisdictions.

This has created a patchwork of legislation across the country as jurisdictions choose more or less restrictive frameworks for selling and using cannabis

More: Canada legalises sale and use of cannabis

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
No need for a major change, just an amendment to our controlled drugs list and introduction of what is basically a copy of the laws related to alcohol, but slightly rephrased to pacify the dinosaurs.

Apparently parliament will address pardoning all those who had been convicted of simple possession in the past tomorrow. Again, lots of the calcified cerebral arteries gang are against it but I think it will pass.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
No need for a major change, just an amendment to our controlled drugs list and introduction of what is basically a copy of the laws related to alcohol, but slightly rephrased to pacify the dinosaurs.

Apparently parliament will address pardoning all those who had been convicted of simple possession in the past tomorrow. Again, lots of the calcified cerebral arteries gang are against it but I think it will pass.
What have ya purchased? Check out Leafly.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
When i was reading about this earlier this week looked like a few states were looking to come out of the dark ages also. Wisconsin being one of them.

Reactions: Lyzza

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The other big bone of contention here in BC is some condos and apartments where smoking cigarettes is allowed are wanting to ban pot. There is enough stink (see what I did there?) being raised that the provincial government is going to take a look at perhaps modifying the laws.

Reactions: Clara007 and Lyzza