Hey RNG ... RTL ... gee, it looks like your country has gone to pot.....

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Thanks.
I expect tht some form of general legalization will happen here in the future possivly as soon as 2 yrs. My concern for where it can be smoked is based on the ability to get "contact high" . I no longer smoked it myself after stopping cigarettes and alcohol, back in the day when attending parties where it was being smoked. I knew that I could still be under the influence if I were in the same room with people smoking weed. In many states, smoking is allowed in outdoor patio and lounge areas set side for smoking. It could present problems for folks who have to take drug tests regularly as part of a job etc. MJ remaons in the blod stream for around 30 days after smoking it.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The other big bone of contention here in BC is some condos and apartments where smoking cigarettes is allowed are wanting to ban pot. There is enough stink (see what I did there?) being raised that the provincial government is going to take a look at perhaps modifying the laws.
My comment about contact high is relevent here.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
My comment about contact high is relevent here.
When I did my post doc at Simon Fraser University, given the seemingly constant rain in the area, all the buildings were connected by tunnels. I have never smoked pot, but man, walking into one end of those tunnels you got hit by the smell. And the haze was thick. And some of the tunnels were long.

But I never got high. I don't know what threshold HTC residue test have but definitely as far as "contact highs" it isn't a problem from my experience.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
When I did my post doc at Simon Fraser University, given the seemingly constant rain in the area, all the buildings were connected by tunnels. I have never smoked pot, but man, walking into one end of those tunnels you got hit by the smell. And the haze was thick. And some of the tunnels were long.

But I never got high. I don't know what threshold HTC residue test have but definitely as far as "contact highs" it isn't a problem from my experience.
Experience and that of others says that contact high isn't very noticible at all but the fact that it can be detected in your system for weeks after it can cause a positive on a drug test. I smoked it on a very limited basis, once or twice a month, and it came up on a test for unrelated issues. When I went in to see the Dr about the test he asked me why I had been using pot! It had been 3 months at that point but I did go to a party where others were smoking. He was upset because I had been warned not to drink or smoke anything that might mask a reading.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Thanks.
I expect tht some form of general legalization will happen here in the future possivly as soon as 2 yrs. My concern for where it can be smoked is based on the ability to get "contact high" . I no longer smoked it myself after stopping cigarettes and alcohol, back in the day when attending parties where it was being smoked. I knew that I could still be under the influence if I were in the same room with people smoking weed. In many states, smoking is allowed in outdoor patio and lounge areas set side for smoking. It could present problems for folks who have to take drug tests regularly as part of a job etc. MJ remaons in the blod stream for around 30 days after smoking it.
Cannabis metabolites do hang around for a while.

Smoking cannabis is one way of consuming it. Vaporization and edibles don't result in contact highs.