How could anyone "believe in evolution"?

Oct 2019
USA
I don't understand how anyone could be naive enough to "believe in evolution".

You all know you were taught or indoctrinated into believing that evolution is true, just as how if you had been born during the Middle Ages, you would be believing that geocentrism was true. Your belief came from your culture, not from nature (and if you were told otherwise, you were lied to).

Dec 2018
USA

You all know you were taught or indoctrinated into believing that evolution is true, just as how if you had been born during the Middle Ages, you would be believing that geocentrism was true. Your belief came from your culture, not from nature (and if you were told otherwise, you were lied to).
Just because science isn't your thing doesn't mean anyone should take your naked assertions about science seriously.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LostArtist
Dec 2018
USA
I'm trying to make a point, care to address it?
I thought I did. It seems your main point in all these threads is to demonstrate your disdain for science and atheists based on taking no time to understand science or atheists. I don't know why anyone should care. You do you, I guess.

Reactions: foundit66
Oct 2019
USA
I thought I did. It seems your main point in all these threads is to demonstrate your disdain for science and atheists based on taking no time to understand science or atheists. I don't know why anyone should care. You do you, I guess.

I'm trying to debunk the inconsistencies of bad atheist arguments.

If an atheist argues that people are "indoctrinated" into religion by family or teachers, then by the same standard, people are "indoctrinated" into science via K-12 education. (Most people aren't scientists who invented or discovered the theories themselves - they just believe it because it is what they were taught in school).

(And if they'd been born in the Middle Ages, or in a different culture, they'd be believing in heliocentrism, or whatever the "science" of their day and age is).

So... yeah. I find it funny that someone such as, say, Richard Dawkins could be naive or dishonest enough to believe this - does he honestly believe his fans are scientists themselves, who discovered these theories on their own? Or that they were merely taught it in school, or read it in a book that he published? He's either a hypocrite or a charlatan, just like most atheists are.

Jul 2018
Earth

If you don't believe in the evolutionary process, what do you believe in?

Reactions: imaginethat
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM

People believe in evolution because that's what the facts and evidence show. If you can't understand the facts, the theory, or you are unwilling to, that's on you, nobody else.

I don't get how people can believe in such things as religion without any evidence at all. Actually, I think I do, its an evolutionary trait for primitive humans to be able to deal with their ideas of self, increased consciousness, etc.

And like I said in the thread about Science, science works. Proof of it is in all the technoloigical advances we have, all based on facts uncovered by science. How can you claim science is indoctrinating and based on faith when we have actual proof that science works, with all this technology we have.

Oct 2019
USA
People believe in evolution because that's what the facts and evidence show. If you can't understand the facts, the theory, or you are unwilling to, that's on you, nobody else.
Right, so they're indoctrinated and believe it because it's what they were taught, not because they discovered it themselves - proves my point.

So if they'd been born in the Middle Ages, and the science they were taught during that day and age was geocentrism, they would be believing that as well, right?

I don't get how people can believe in such things as religion without any evidence at all. Actually, I think I do, its an evolutionary trait for primitive humans to be able to deal with their ideas of self, increased consciousness, etc.
If this is another example of an argument from authority based on the scientific method, then I've already addressed this.