How Does Your State Compare To Others For Gay Rights And Equality?

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I'm fortunate - CT is among the best in the nation.

Unfortunately, that means we can't move and retain our rights. It's like living in the Jewish ghetto.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
Marriage

Hospital visits

Adoption

Employment

Housing

Hate Crimes School

Which of these are rights?

Mar 2007
Alabama
[font=georgia,serif]Alabama is the only state in the union where it is a crime to perform a same sex marriage ceremony. This is clearly a violation of religious freedom but, so far, no one has ever challenged it.[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]I am not sure that anyone has ever been actually arrested under the law. But two ministers that my partner approached told her that they were leery of performing same sex marriages because of the law. So it is serving the intended purpose of repressing the religious freedom of ministers who disagree with the marriage ban.[/font]

Jun 2009
[font=georgia,serif]Alabama is the only state in the union where it is a crime to perform a same sex marriage ceremony. This is clearly a violation of religious freedom but, so far, no one has ever challenged it.[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]I am not sure that anyone has ever been actually arrested under the law. But two ministers that my partner approached told her that they were leery of performing same sex marriages because of the law. So it is serving the intended purpose of repressing the religious freedom of ministers who disagree with the marriage ban.[/font]

Ironic isn't it? The ones shouting that allowing gay marriage will lead to the infringement of their religious freedom are the ones infringing on the religious freedom of others by banning it.

Jun 2008
Northern California
Pennsylvania is the real surprise here, I guess outside of Philadelphia, PA is a real cesspool.