How Employers Should React to an Employee they Suspect may Have Coronavirus

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
So you think rich people are shutting down gatherings and operations on purpose because then they'll get sued and their lawyers will get rich?

That's the theory you're going with?
you are talking to someone who has flooded the board with the same nonsense that the coronavirus doesn't exist, so its pointless

Reactions: Lyzza
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I guess that's why them rich people are shutting down so many operations and gathering.

Got it now SF?
LOL, these people suck at trolling. So lazy, don't even make sure its consisted with what they said., Notice the same response these people do, had one today same thing "where did I say that" is one of their favorite non answers and deflections.

So embarrassing. Oh, they don't have any shame so never mind

Reactions: Lyzza and Hollywood
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
LOL, these people suck at trolling. So lazy, don't even make sure its consisted with what they said., Notice the same response these people do, had one today same thing "where did I say that" is one of their favorite non answers and deflections.

So embarrassing. Oh, they don't have any shame so never mind

I too am rather disappointed by the lack of quality in our most recent influx of RW conservative trolls.

Nov 2005
California
Where did I say anything about gatherings?
I'll talk about them now since you just make up something if I don't.
I think rich people cancelling gatherings are also driven by fear of lawsuits, but they don't have the "damned if I do, damned if I don't" problem that an employer with one seemingly sick employee does.
So the CDC advising exactly that (regarding avoiding having large gatherings), is that TRUMP's fear-mongering?
Or maybe the CDC is just filled with Democrats...
:rolleyes:

Feb 2020
Houston
So the CDC advising exactly that (regarding avoiding having large gatherings), is that TRUMP's fear-mongering?
As Imagine That pointed out, I actually had mentioned gatherings in an earlier post, so you point is moot.

But yes, Trump has jumped on the fearmongering bandwagon.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
As Imagine That pointed out, I actually had mentioned gatherings in an earlier post, so you point is moot.

You asked: Where did I say anything about gatherings?

You'd said: I guess that's why them rich people are shutting down so many operations and gathering.

I pointed out where you did.

Don't twist my words to suit your ends.

Nov 2005
California
First off, ImagineThat has just corrected your assessment where you were trying to twist his statement.

Secondly, you "mentioning gatherings in an earlier post" means nothing regarding my point.
My point is that the experts are advising caution IN EXACTLY THE WAY YOU CALL FEAR-MONGERING.
The reality is that you are freakin' clueless on the topic and you foolishly claim any action taken coinciding with all the experts is somehow "fear-mongering".

Moreover, NOT ONCE have you posted anything to explain WHY you see these things as fear-mongering. You just claim it is and immediately bash Dems.

Have you even bothered to stop and think (even once) that maybe he finally listened to somebody telling him that there is reason for concern?
Nah. Of course not.
You blindly accuse Dems of bashing and completely fail to address the validity of the points.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Since most states have now adopted so-called "right to work" laws which are in fact nothing more than "right to be fired for any reason the employer gives", laws there's little chance an employer will be sued for sending someone home.

Almost every time in the last two decades that I have been sick, it's been because of contact with someone at work. I've never understood why people insist on going to work when they know damned well they are fucking contagious.

If an employee wants to try and sue for being sent home, then every other employee can sue them for exposing them to the disease.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Bubba got it. the whole point of the op was about what employers should do......

ummmmmm, maybe they should make sure their employees are paid livable wages and have the ability to take paid sick time off from work so they can get healthy and not endanger others for fear of not paying bills or feeding families?

maybe we let people live in dignity and they wont be a threat to the rest of us?

maybe?

ffs.......