HOW MANY GODS?

Nov 2012
Chicago
God came down as Jesus so he could sacrafice himself to himself to create a loophole for a rule he creat

To be clear, god sacrificed himself to himself to create a loophole to a rule he created
He still could have just forgiven mankind.:think:

Oct 2010
Colorado
God came down as Jesus so he could sacrafice himself to himself to create a loophole for a rule he creat

To be clear, god sacrificed himself to himself to create a loophole to a rule he created
If one accepts the resurrection, that's why Jesus had to die in the body: to be resurrected.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Analogy time.
Water comes in three parts: liquid, ice, and steam.
The sun comes in light, heat, and radiation.
Freud theorized that personalities come in three parts: Id, Ego, and Super-ego
We live in a three-dimensional world: height, width, and depth

One God. Three dimensions. Father. Son Jesus. Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately, God is described as a person, ergo the holy trinity is described as 3 persons. All I can figure is that the men who wrote the Bible were unable to translate these phenomena in anything other than human form. In my dictionary, a person is defined as a human--a mortal. So, something went haywire there. Lots of clergies still refer to "God in three persons". Lots of theological opinion pieces use the same terms.
I don't like the fact that Christians are told "Oh never mind. It's not supposed to make sense. You're just supposed to believe." But that's about the sum of it.
No, God is describe as a person, which has 3 forms, Soul Spirt and body... one Person,

My Spirit is my life force which is eternal, my Soul is my foundation, who I am, and what I will become which is eternal, This body is flesh and bone, which is line

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
He still could have just forgiven mankind.:think:
No, HE could not, you see the wage for sin is death. Something had to die.. God became man Died as all men do, sinless therefore he could be the price for the sins of all which is the gift from God, through Christ.

Wage is what we have earned we have EARNED death because of sin.

But God has offered us the Gift of eternal life through Christ.

Gift is something you have not earned but is given. The only thing we have to do is accept the gift. A gift given must be accepted by the person to which it is offered.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
No, HE could not, you see the price of sin is death. Something had to die.. God became man Died as all men do, sinless therefore he could be the price for the sins of all.

It's not even an original story. There are a couple dozen prechristian religions that have sacrificed gods.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
No, HE could not, you see the wage for sin is death. Something had to die.. God became man Died as all men do, sinless therefore he could be the price for the sins of all which is the gift from God, through Christ.

Wage is what we have earned we have EARNED death because of sin.

But God has offered us the Gift of eternal life through Christ.

Gift is something you have not earned but is given. The only thing we have to do is accept the gift. A gift given must be accepted by the person to which it is offered.
Oh, I thought God was all powerful and could do anything, that must in another story.
Just for giggles, who made these rules that God had to follow?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Oh, I thought God was all powerful and could do anything, that must in another story.
Just for giggles, who made these rules that God had to follow?
Yes, he is all powerful, but he is ALSO a just God. The wage of sin, is death, and God just and true to his word, and will not deny you, your the wages you have earned. But he is also a loving God, so he offered us the Gift of Life.

Now, ask yourself this HAVE YOU ACCEPTED THE GIFT? yes or no