How Much Did You Pay For War This Year?

Feb 2006
California
Did you know that the Afghanistan War alone costs us roughly $2 billion per week? When you include the Iraq War and other military spending, it turns out that more than 27 percent of your income taxes will be spent on war.

We want our money back.

To find out how much of your money has gone to fund a war that’s not making us safer, visit our new Afghanistan War Tax Calculator. Enter how much income you earned this year and we'll give you an I.O.U. for what you paid that you can forward to your Member of Congress. Ask for your money back!

Watch the video.

See how much of your income taxes will pay for war.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
Did you know that the Afghanistan War alone costs us roughly $2 billion per week? When you include the Iraq War and other military spending, it turns out that more than 27 percent of your income taxes will be spent on war.

We want our money back.

To find out how much of your money has gone to fund a war that’s not making us safer, visit our new Afghanistan War Tax Calculator. Enter how much income you earned this year and we'll give you an I.O.U. for what you paid that you can forward to your Member of Congress. Ask for your money back!

Watch the video.

It would be interesting to publish the real price of a gallon of petrol after including all of the military expenditure required to keep it flowing.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

We want our money back.

Watch the video.

The triumph of the MIC is not debatable, and its enablers span the parties.

Each has seen the power to be derived from promising security and protecting "innocent" lives, and I don't see this dynamic changing as long as it "works."