How Patriotic Are You?

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
If I'm at an event that has a flyover, or even watching on TV, when the planes come over it chokes me up and brings a tear to my eye, because then I think of my uncle who died in the Battle of the Bulge when he was 18.

I'm very patriotic
with all respect and my sympathies but that sounds emotional not patriotic

Dec 2018
New England
Next step is One World Government,
And there will be One Bureaucracy to rule them all.

Oddly enough, I think things are moving in the other direction. For example, the EU has been wobbly for a few years now. And I can't say I've tallied them up, but it seems more of the newer nations on the map have been formed by regions breaking away from a larger state rather than of states getting together and unifying.

Dec 2015
Arizona
By definition, I would not be considered patriotic overall.

and frankly, I don't think it is healthy to be from a physiological perspective.

Honest, I don't even know what love of country means.
Being patriotic doesn't necessarily mean you think our country is perfect. I don't think it means serving in the military or making huge sacrifices. It's not nationalism or waving the flag.
I think it means enjoying our way of life--appreciating our freedoms---the beauty of our landscapes, from the Grand Canyon to Niagra Falls. I think it means caring about our communities and neighborhoods, voting, and being informed. AND maybe asking yourself if you'd rather live somewhere else? If that country would be better?
I think it's just an appreciation for the abundance here--the opportunities.

Reactions: Panther
May 2019
USA
And there will be One Bureaucracy to rule them all.

Oddly enough, I think things are moving in the other direction. For example, the EU has been wobbly for a few years now. And I can't say I've tallied them up, but it seems more of the newer nations on the map have been formed by regions breaking away from a larger state rather than of states getting together and unifying.
One national religion bureaucracy has been here for quite a while so Christianity's "man is God" vile, despicable & asinine "serve the Pope or die" propaganda contrast to contend they are more under God to America than Jews of the Holocaust were to society to white wash illegal alien immigrant status as being Shoah Jewish is as absurd & unAmerican to a descendant of ancestors of the American Revolution as thieving US Constitution - old glory presented by Ike for business excellence - old testament arsonists patriot act of this Christian Nation.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
What a nasty thing to say. Belittling my uncle and his sacrifice for America. This says a lot about you, my friend.
do you not understand English?

I was very respectful. I was simply clarifying the emotion felt.

My God. You are just looking for a fight.

I am not playing.

Aug 2019
De Congo
Life is too good for me to take a bullet right now for the Constitution or Bill of Rights. What might have to happen is for me to lose those basic human rights in conjunction with being forced to surrender my property before I would be "patriotic" enough to do the most patriotic thing a man can do..fight for those freedoms and natural rights.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Life is too good for me to take a bullet right now for the Constitution or Bill of Rights. What might have to happen is for me to lose those basic human rights in conjunction with being forced to surrender my property before I would be "patriotic" enough to do the most patriotic thing a man can do..fight for those freedoms and natural rights.
If you waited that long, you lost your Liberties. An ounce worth of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
One national religion bureaucracy has been here for quite a while so Christianity's "man is God" vile, despicable & asinine "serve the Pope or die" propaganda contrast to contend they are more under God to America than Jews of the Holocaust were to society to white wash illegal alien immigrant status as being Shoah Jewish is as absurd & unAmerican to a descendant of ancestors of the American Revolution as thieving US Constitution - old glory presented by Ike for business excellence - old testament arsonists patriot act of this Christian Nation.
Nobody understands you, but you got a hard on for "Ike" don't you?

May 2019
USA
Nobody understands you, but you got a hard on for "Ike" don't you?
Eisenhower was the last great US President. After the Knights of Columbus Catholic Church interpretation of one nation under God assassination of JFK, they're little more than cogs in the megalomaniacal crusade of cognitive dissonance propaganda.