How people mature out of irreligion

Oct 2019
USA
When people are young, they are impulsive, atheistic and lack self-discipline - children throw tantrums, poop in their pants, fight with their siblings and so forth, almost akin to a wild animal. If one were to do the same things an infant or child did as an adult, it would be quite barbaric, and potentially criminal.

After children grow up, they mature out of their atheism and into religion - they are expected to be mature and self-disciplined, like a God-fearing man or woman, rather than behave akin to a feral beast with no manners, morals, or humanity in them.

Reactions: Gordy
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
When people are young, they are impulsive, atheistic and lack self-discipline - children throw tantrums, poop in their pants, fight with their siblings and so forth, almost akin to a wild animal. If one were to do the same things an infant or child did as an adult, it would be quite barbaric, and potentially criminal.

After children grow up, they mature out of their atheism and into religion - they are expected to be mature and self-disciplined, like a God-fearing man or woman, rather than behave akin to a feral beast with no manners, morals, or humanity in them.
More ill informed posts from the King of the ill informed.

Oct 2019
USA
More ill informed posts from the King of the ill informed.
How am I wrong?

The basis of much of religion (as well as law and civilization) is that the "animalistic" impulses within people play a role in immoral or criminal behavior and that without restraint or self-restraint, one would be irreligious and beastly. (This is even mentioned in the Bible).

Ironically, this is what some aspects of evolutionary theories (such as evolutionary psychology) indicate as well.

Reactions: Gordy
Jun 2018
Toronto

The older you get, the closer to death you get, the more you fear it. It's not God-fearing, it's a death fearing man, who turns to imaginery friends, who will save them from that menace.

Reactions: leekohler2
Jun 2018
Toronto
People don't fear death, they fear having not lived.

If it works, it works - all the more reason to do so.

Whatever works for you, I'm not saying if it's wrong or right, That I will leave to you. I'm just saying how it is.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
People don't fear death, they fear having not lived.

If it works, it works - all the more reason to do so.
More claims with no justification. Are you just assuming that your particular mental quirks are shared by most?

Reactions: Clara007
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Just a continued supply of BS coming from you, but I enjoy it because its so easy to counter. The most immoral people are usually religious, and the people who throw the biggest tantrum are religious people. This thread is projection. And nothing more childish and immature than having imaginary friends or the need to get through life with a concept that someone is always looking after you, like was the case for most children

Reactions: leekohler2
May 2018
none
I matured out of religion. I started out in a very religious home as a kid and slowly, with time and lots of questioning, realized religion is nothing but a man-made construct. I’m 52 going on 53 and the longer I live, the more I realize religion is merely a fear of death or a tool used to control people. I want no part of it.

May 2018
none
The older you get, the closer to death you get, the more you fear it. It's not God-fearing, it's a death fearing man, who turns to imaginery friends, who will save them from that menace.
The older I get, the less I fear death and realize that it is a natural thing that happens to us all.