How people mature out of irreligion

Oct 2019
USA
I matured out of religion. I started out in a very religious home as a kid and slowly, with time and lots of questioning, realized religion is nothing but a man-made construct.
Sure, just like the law, or scientific theories - they're all "man-made" constructs - that doesn't mean that what they are based on is "invalid".

Apples fell from trees before Newton constructed a "theory of gravity" from it.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I matured out of religion. I started out in a very religious home as a kid and slowly, with time and lots of questioning, realized religion is nothing but a man-made construct. I’m 52 going on 53 and the longer I live, the more I realize religion is merely a fear of death or a tool used to control people. I want no part of it.
I don't think I ever believe, Church was just something I hated that I had to do. I used to stay in my bed hoping my dad would sleep in and we could skip church. And the more I learned, the more it confirmed what BS religion was. Took a class on Christianity in college to fill a requirement and that class even pointed to how it was BS

Reactions: leekohler2
Oct 2019
USA
I don't think I ever believe, Church was just something I hated that I had to do. I used to stay in my bed hoping my dad would sleep in and we could skip church. And the more I learned, the more it confirmed what BS religion was. Took a class on Christianity in college to fill a requirement and that class even pointed to how it was BS
What makes "religion religion"?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Sure, just like the law, or scientific theories - they're all "man-made" constructs - that doesn't mean that what they are based on is "invalid".

There you go with your total twisting of the truth again. You know lying makes jesus cry, don't you.

Newton didn't construct a theory of gravity. Newton never claimed to have constructed it. No one in my entire life till you have ever claimed he constructed it. What he did is come up with a theory to explain the observed fact that objects fall when not supported somehow.

May 2018
none

Religion is based on nothing but imaginary stories, not anything observable or testable. Your comparison is utterly ridiculous. Religion and science are in no way similar. Quit being so intellectual disingenuous.

Jun 2018
Toronto
You fear death if you never lived to begin with.

Death is mere "the end" of something. Your life story, perhaps?

Hey, weren't you supposed to be preaching eternal salvation if you fear god enough? What end? Aren't I supposed to just begin to have fun at the paradise table, dicussing black holes with Einstein?

:)

Reactions: leekohler2