How the Left likes to attack women

Nov 2017
You seem to want to generalize. Ok, sometimes that is appropriate. However, in the situation you assert is sufficiently associated with "the Left", you do not actually demonstrate that it is a pervasive and widespread characteristic. Rather, you have merely taken a few situation and used those as an excuse for a misrepresentation of "the Left" (whatever that might be).

Criticizing conservative women for being conservatives, or buffoons, or hypocrites is different from disparaging them because they are women. The very concept that being female should be a protection from criticism or for special treatment is a form of "sexism" or, male chauvinism to use an older term.

So, until "the Left" starts to view women as fragile and vulnerable who need to be protected and kept at home caring for babies or subjected to special treatment in all professions, then you have no real basis for your claim. Perhaps you should concentrate on the traditional obstacles that Republicans think "protect" women rather than trying to make a case inappropriately against "the Left".
In post # 17 I stated that the Left seems to be condoning it by omission; unless that omission isn't there, is that a misrepresentation? The Left is implicating themselves with the notion that it's a pervasive and widespread characteristic by failing to reprimand (or perhaps at least disavow themselves) such attacks.

I agree that criticizing women for reasons other than because they're women is different from doing so because they're women, but that's beside the assertion I made in the OP, which was not about whether or not they're being attacked because they're women. It's about the fact that women are being attacked at all - regardless of whether or not it's because they're women. I'm only interested in refuting any notion that the Left champions & supports women.

BTW, do you think that anything that Trump, Trump supporters, or Republicans said about the Ilhan Omar or the Odd Squad was an attack on them because they're women?

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
What's this statement that you're claiming I had made? Given what I had stated in post # 11 - Maybe I ought to look into this one - how can anything you're saying here even make any sense, at all?
Read my post, that you are quoting, over again.
Where did I say you "made a false statement."
I said, "it's not a false dilema at all." Then I went on to explain exactly WHY it is not.
What are YOU talking about?

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Yes, I know it's a polite way of saying bullshit, but why is it bullshit?

That makes me think of this - humuhumunukunukuapua'a means triggerfish with a snout like a pig; it's the state fish of Hawaii.
If not for Parrot Fish, Oahu would not have pure white coral sand beaches and especially, The Pipeline.

Nov 2017
Read my post, that you are quoting, over again.
Where did I say you "made a false statement."
I said, "it's not a false dilema at all." Then I went on to explain exactly WHY it is not.
What are YOU talking about?
I didn't say that you said that I made a false statement. I'm trying to determine what is this statement that I made that you're referring to; I can't figure out what fits into what you're saying - I cannot locate any such statement. What's the post # it's in, and what is the statement itself?

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I lived on Oahu for 4 years when I was a child; nice place to visit, but after living there for that long it starts to feel more like this:

I visited Oahu more times than I care to remember. Hotel Street is FUBAR. Maui Wowie, good.

Last edited: