How to Cure Poverty in Today's United States

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Why do the rich have to pay their fair share?
How much is rich?
What % is a fair share and why.
What is the legal definition of Middle Class? (What is the starting and ending salary requirement to qualify for Middle Class status?)
Relentless pestering with questions @FreeToChoose should be answering himself.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Why do the rich have to pay their fair share?
How much is rich?
What % is a fair share and why.
What is the legal definition of Middle Class? (What is the starting and ending salary requirement to qualify for Middle Class status?)
1. Because that's what civil societies do.
2. Having a net worth of more than $8,348,792.68.
3. 47.932% of all financial transactions undertake by anyone with a net worth of more than $8,348,792.68 over the current income and capital gains taxes because my personal calculations show that is the amount that will optimise the help/hurt curve. That's like the Laffer curve only different.
4. Those in the 4th, 5th and 6th percentile.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
1. So civil societies are Robin Hood societies.
2 where di you get that number and why so low?
3. I'll accept your answer but you admit is just your numbers and not the legal definition.
4. I asked for the legal definition which would include the legal Middle Class income bracket. Where is it written so that the politicians can be accountable for the words they throw out.

Last edited:

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
3. I'll accept your answer but yo admit is just your numbers and not the legal definition.
4. I asked for the legal definition which would include the legal Middle Class income bracket. Where is it written so that the politicians can be accountable for the the word they thoow out.
I don't think there is any legal definition. Tax brackets are an unrelated scale.

The Oxford Dictionary tells me that middle class is
the social group between the upper and working classes, including professional and business workers and their families.
No numbers associated.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
3. I'll accept your answer but yo admit is just your numbers and not the legal definition.
4. I asked for the legal definition which would include the legal Middle Class income bracket. Where is it written so that the politicians can be accountable for the the word they thoow out.
Robin Hood was a central figure in myths set in a feudal society of 13th Century which seems to be exactly what would please @FreeToChoose as a social order.

Reactions: Lloyd Christmas
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
That's right, RNG so people and politicians should stop using it as a tactical point since it doesn't exist. Everyone from people making 25k to millions feel they are in the Middle Class and that is why both left and right use the term. It is tricky talk. I too feel that I am Middle Class.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
What a joke. Hard work only gets a person more hard work and when a recession comes the family is screwed.
Athena,
I was teasing him. And I am very happy you know that hope you will teach others such as Lloyd. Working hard gets you nothing if you don't work smart. It would be like pulling the cart and letting your ox sit in it.

Reactions: Athena
Feb 2020
Houston
That's why God made Mexicans.....
If they ever do close the border, they can solve any supposed labor shortages that will result very simply. Take welfare dolees down to the border and swap one Mexican who is able and willing to work for one American who is not.

The Mexican must voluntarily agree never to apply for or accept a government handout and to provide biometrics to enforce that promise. That's it. No language or literacy requirement, no loyalty oath, just understanding that he will have to work for a living.

The welfare dolee will still get his check, which will go further in Mexico. Mexico will get an influx of that cash. If he wants to come back all he need do is make the same enforceable agreement.

Talk about a win-win!

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
The Mexican must voluntarily agree never to apply for or accept a government handout and to provide biometrics to enforce that promise. That's it. No language or literacy requirement, no loyalty oath, just understanding that he will have to work for a living.
That would solve a lot of other issues such as illegal crime. Is the Mexican allowed to have sex with American women? President Trump said they are a lot of rapists coming up from down there.