How to Cure Poverty in Today's United States

Feb 2014
Oregon
So if we used the democratic model of industry, the responsibility for industrial success would be shared and the reward for everyone would be more equitable, and because of the difference in management, it is highly likely a greater number of families would be functional. But since you all know absolutely about this, we are not going to discuss it and it will never be a possible reality.

Reactions: Gordy
Feb 2014
Oregon
That's why God made Mexicans.....
:zany: That is like what my sister said when we were discussing economic reality, and I got so angry :mad: I stormed out of her home, and we had nothing to do with each other for a long time.

As I understand democracy, such discrimination is not acceptable. Universal morality does not discriminate like that. But autocratic industry does.

Reactions: Gordy
Feb 2014
Oregon
Athena,
I was teasing him. And I am very happy you know that hope you will teach others such as Lloyd. Working hard gets you nothing if you don't work smart. It would be like pulling the cart and letting your ox sit in it.
I love that "like pulling the cart and letting your ox sit in it". When I realized the local managers were taking credit for my hard work and that meant that their superiors would never know of my hard work, and I would never be advanced, I started my own company and took all the credit for my hard work.

That is one of the problems with the autocratic model of industry. Management gets to take advantage of the hard work of others, and when something goes wrong, management gets to blame the worker, so it is the worker fired not the incompetent manager. There are serious problems with the autocratic model of industry and since we stopped educating for democracy, the problem has a grip on our whole country. Hail Trump our great leader. :mad: We are far more autocratic than democratic and whining about the 1% without being able to discuss the difference between autocracy and democracy, is to remain powerless.

Feb 2020
Houston
When people say it is labor that produces wealth, so management shouldn't get any, I tell them to just dig a hole in their backyard and fill it in again. The repeat until they have produced as much wealth as they want.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
:zany: That is like what my sister said when we were discussing economic reality, and I got so angry :mad: I stormed out of her home, and we had nothing to do with each other for a long time.

As I understand democracy, such discrimination is not acceptable. Universal morality does not discriminate like that. But autocratic industry does.
It was a bad joke, having just returned from a vacation to Florida, where I saw a lot of roof repair still going on, I couldn't help but notice that every roofing crew I saw was Mexican, or some other flavor of south of the border, they all looked Mayan or Inca.
Because that's the low pay, difficult conditions job that Americans don't want.
So if you really want to keep Mexicans, you don't need a wall.
You need to mop out hot asphalt on a roof when it's 100 degrees in the shade, and the sun is hitting that roof like an anvil, for short money.
You take the jobs away, they won't come.

Reactions: Athena
Jul 2014
massachusetts
You didn't mention that in your example.

What was the company that really did this true thing?

I'd like to read about it.

Remember you said they got no pensions but half their salary.

What company did that?

Have fun googling up an answer . . .
Making shit up again Seymour?
I said they got half their pensions, and the lifetime medical just went away.

Feb 2014
Oregon
You didn't mention that in your example.

What was the company that really did this true thing?

I'd like to read about it.

Remember you said they got no pensions but half their salary.

What company did that?

Have fun googling up an answer . . .
Is this the information you want?

Search Results
Web results
A Million People Could Lose Their Pensions If Congress ...

https://www.huffpost.com › entry › a-million-people-could-lose-their-pens...

May 25, 2019 - A Million People Could Lose Their Pensions If Congress Doesn't Act. A crisis years in the making is about to hit retired coal miners and truckers ...
People also ask
Can pensions be lost?

How do you track down a lost pension?

Can you lose your pension if company goes bust?

Will government pensions go away?

Feedback
Web results
Distressed pension funds could take away benefits for hospital ...

https://www.cnbc.com › 2020/02/13 › distressed-pension-funds-could-take...

Feb 13, 2020 - ... associated with churches are at risk of losing their pensions. ... that could ultimately leave people empty-handed or with reduced benefits.
3 Ways You Could Lose Your Pension—and How to Fight Back

https://www.investopedia.com › ... › Retirement Planning › Pensions

1 Today's workers are unlikely to be offered a pension plan unless they work in the public sector.2 And those already drawing on their pensions or grandfathered ...

'Why Is There Nothing Left?' Pension Funds Failing At ... - NPR

https://www.npr.org › 2019/10/03 › why-is-there-nothing-left-pension-funds...

Oct 3, 2019 - The AARP Foundation wants people to be held accountable too. ... The suit says that more than 600 workers lost their entire pensions like ...

The truth about pensions: they aren't dead, but some are ...

https://www.marketwatch.com › story › the-truth-about-pensions-they-arent-...

Dec 11, 2018 - Workers who do have pensions are relying on those promised funds to get them ... Some authorities are fighting to replenish their pensions. ... changed their plans after the recession, when so many Americans lost their jobs or ...

It is like the Housing Crisis. Read "Homewreckers" and stop letting ignorance keep us powerless.

Feb 2020
Houston
Making shit up again Seymour?
I said they got half their pensions, and the lifetime medical just went away.
No you're right. I meant to say no health but half their pension.

The company went bankrupt. Government allows that to happen.

Take it up with government.

If it's a partisan thing, show me Dem efforts to reform bankruptcy.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
When people say it is labor that produces wealth, so management shouldn't get any, I tell them to just dig a hole in their backyard and fill it in again. The repeat until they have produced as much wealth as they want.
And nobody says management shouldn't get any, except your dishonest ass. as typical, right wingers can't argue against what people actually say so you make up bullshit. How embarrassing for you. Oh wait, right wingers have no shame

Jul 2014
massachusetts
No you're right. I meant to say no health but half their pension.
It happens all the time.
That's what the deal was at Bethlehem Steel
But some version of that happened at Delphi, at Delta Airlines, at Pan American Airlines, at LTV Steel, at National Steel, at US Airways, and hundreds of other pension plans.

Here's the thing about a pension, you really only get one chance.
You work 40 years, and get fucked, there's no "I'll know better next time".
That's why pensions should be handled by the government, because they pay.
In case you're wondering, most of the executives at these places got their full pensions, that money was set aside before bankruptcy. Such is the way of capitalism....