How to Handle People Who Make You Feel Inferior

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
To sum up, the way you handle people who make you insecure is to turn your attention inward and shore up your own self-esteem. Just because one person leads you to question yourself doesn’t mean that you’re inadequate. There may also be times when you’re particularly vulnerable. Recognize that people’s feelings of security can vary over time, and this will help you reduce the distress that one given individual can cause.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I haven't noticed *ANY* insecurities since King Trump's coronation. In fact, our role model has enhanced the nation's SUPERIORITY complex. Lucky us! Now we have more ascendency than ever before.
Most of us have never even KNOWN someone with such an enormously implicit superiority/inferiority complex as Trump.
Most of us were raised to appear intelligent, humble, polite, and respectful. If we lied, it was to spare someone's feelings--to avoid hurt. If we bragged it was usually about a help-mate, co-worker, a support group. If we blamed, it was our frustration talking and more than likely we apologized and moved forward.
Most of us apologized a LOT in our lives because we over-reacted, misjudged, or screwed up and we were forgiven because we admitted our mistakes. Most of us learned from our embarrassing antics and tried to work on our faults.....but along came Trump and a new wave of something called "The Racehorse Theory", which proclaims some people are just genetically superior to others.
Some might call this "eugenics", some being Adolph Hitler, Teddy Roosevelt, H.G. Wells, George Bernard Shaw, Winston Churchill, and Alexander Graham Bell---to name a few. AND now we have Donald J Trump.
This Racehorse mentality doesn't seem to bother Trump's supporters, which seems astonishing to me.

2010 from a CNN Interview:
“Well I think I was born with the drive for success because I have a certain gene.
“I'm a gene believer... Hey, when you connect two race horses, you usually end up with a fast horse."

AND Trump COULD be right. He might be smarter than the average racehorse. Thoughts?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I haven't noticed *ANY* insecurities since King Trump's coronation. In fact, our role model has enhanced the nation's SUPERIORITY complex. Lucky us! Now we have more ascendency than ever before.
Most of us have never even KNOWN someone with such an enormously implicit superiority/inferiority complex as Trump.
Most of us were raised to appear intelligent, humble, polite, and respectful. If we lied, it was to spare someone's feelings--to avoid hurt. If we bragged it was usually about a help-mate, co-worker, a support group. If we blamed, it was our frustration talking and more than likely we apologized and moved forward.
Most of us apologized a LOT in our lives because we over-reacted, misjudged, or screwed up and we were forgiven because we admitted our mistakes. Most of us learned from our embarrassing antics and tried to work on our faults.....but along came Trump and a new wave of something called "The Racehorse Theory", which proclaims some people are just genetically superior to others.
Some might call this "eugenics", some being Adolph Hitler, Teddy Roosevelt, H.G. Wells, George Bernard Shaw, Winston Churchill, and Alexander Graham Bell---to name a few. AND now we have Donald J Trump.
This Racehorse mentality doesn't seem to bother Trump's supporters, which seems astonishing to me.

“Well I think I was born with the drive for success because I have a certain gene.
“I'm a gene believer... Hey, when you connect two race horses, you usually end up with a fast horse."

AND Trump COULD be right. He might be smarter than the average racehorse. Thoughts?
he uses techniques bullies use to humiliate and belittle people not everyone is equiped to deal with that, i feel it important to help peole that might otherwise have good self esteem realize what is happening to them.. the mean kid is throwing snow balls at them.. that is all.. they really arent ugly or stupid.. theyy're just dealing with an ass a 71 year old 12 year old

Oct 2010
Colorado

Beautifully and accurately put Clara.

I've given long thought to Trump's intelligence. On the one hand he's definitely not stupid, but on the other hand, he sure is. He's freaking stupid if he expects everyone, or even a majority to swallow his bullshit.

His "rallies" remind me of Junior High pep rallies.

"I'm a Gene Believer, didn't the Monkees do that song? Of course. That's the origin of the Trump smirk. People with superior genetics are simply superior, some say.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Wow, how you turned this into a trump thread in just one post is pretty amazing.

Good job.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

I've given long thought to Trump's intelligence. On the one hand he's definitely not stupid, but on the other hand, he sure is. He's freaking stupid if he expects everyone, or even a majority to swallow his bullshit.

"I'm a Gene Believer, didn't the Monkees do that song? Of course. That's the origin of the Trump smirk. People with superior genetics are simply superior, some say.
Second-post derailments have become common.;)

https://defendingthetruth.com/threads/a-more-civil-dtt.105728/

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
To sum up, the way you handle people who make you insecure is to turn your attention inward and shore up your own self-esteem. Just because one person leads you to question yourself doesn’t mean that you’re inadequate. There may also be times when you’re particularly vulnerable. Recognize that people’s feelings of security can vary over time, and this will help you reduce the distress that one given individual can cause.
People who try to make you feel inferior are insecure. I am outstanding which is better than excellent and nobody can make me feel inferior.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio

he plays to his bases stupidity

May 2018
USA

Why do you think horses are particularly stupid animals? What do you have against horses, Clara, to compare them mentally to a brain-damaged idiot who was pretty damned stupid 30 years ago but who has gotten dumber over the years?