how to pay a speeding ticket

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
There is a law in Canada that other than at a bank, it is legal to refuse any payment that consists of more than 25 of any coin. I believe, if you wanted to be a real dink you could give someone up to $76.25 in coins here. (25x2 + 25x1 + 25x.25 + 25x.10 + 25x.05, we stopped using pennies about 5 years back.

I have never heard of anyone applying that law though. The only time one hears about it is when some pale, male, stale SJW with a bitch about the government pays taxes or a fine with a wheelbarrow full of coins. The news reports always say the agency happily accepted the money then the reporter notes that they didn't have to because of this law.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2014
nunya
You would have to be more careful in the UK as there are limits on the type of coinage you can use to pay a bill.
What can you pay for with 1p and 2p coins? Not an £800 bill ? | Money | The Guardian
A. This is not the UK. We take fiat money seriously. It is legal tender for all debts public and private.
B. We still have free speech, unlike the UK. So far we still take that seriously. Although you may deny whitey free speech if you are black in some area's. It is still undecided.

Feb 2014
nunya
There is a law in Canada that other than at a bank, it is legal to refuse any payment that consists of more than 25 of any coin. I believe, if you wanted to be a real dink you could give someone up to $76.25 in coins here. (25x2 + 25x1 + 25x.25 + 25x.10 + 25x.05, we stopped using pennies about 5 years back.

I have never heard of anyone applying that law though. The only time one hears about it is when some pale, male, stale SJW with a bitch about the government pays taxes or a fine with a wheelbarrow full of coins. The news reports always say the agency happily accepted the money then the reporter notes that they didn't have to because of this law.
Good for Canada

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Speeding tickets are nothing new to me but the last one I got was in 2010. I paid all recent speeding tickets with a credit card over the internet. They accept Visa or Master Card but do not accept American Express.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
A. This is not the UK. We take fiat money seriously. It is legal tender for all debts public and private.
B. We still have free speech, unlike the UK. So far we still take that seriously. Although you may deny whitey free speech if you are black in some area's. It is still undecided.
In the US, payment in pennies and nickels, can be refused for amounts greater than 20 dollars