How to tell if you are an Evangelical "christian".....

Apr 2014
redacted
I'm glad you at least acknowledge that the human condition trends towards self righteousness.

To become humble, it requires supernatural intervention.

And yes, there are many good and humble evangelicals that I've met.
Only to fanatics be they atheist or theist. Thanks for acknowledging that you are one of them. ;) See how that works?

Disagreed. To become humble is a character trait. No angels, demons or God required. If it does require "supernatural intervention", then what does that say about free will? Free agency?

I'm sure there are a few.

Mar 2019
Texas
Maybe if people keep quoting from the old testament as if it is what christians subscribe to as a way of life then maybe they will begin to do so and become once again the most hostile and unforgiving group on the planet.

FYI Most of you do not survive in that scenario.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Just throwing it out there

If you're sitting there pounding away on the keyboard for a political forum think that you yourself are not self righteous, you wrong as feeeeuuuuuck

Apr 2014
redacted
Actually most atheists are Bible experts. It's the so-called Evangelical Christians that have apparently never opened the book.
Meh. My experiences with them is different. What I do find interesting is the hate militant Atheists have for Christianity but rarily do they speak ill will about Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or other religions with spiritual beliefs. Why do you think that is? I will agree that many are knowledgeable about the Christian religion, but they'd have to be in order to hate it, eh? :)

Another oddity/correlation is that most atheists are young and that most (I'd say all, but I haven't met all of them) anarchists are atheists albeit not necessarily the other way around.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Meh. My experiences with them is different. What I do find interesting is the hate militant Atheists have for Christianity but rarily do they speak ill will about Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or other religions with spiritual beliefs. Why do think that is?

Another oddity/correlation is that most atheists are young and that most (I'd say all, but I haven't met all of them) anarchists are atheists albeit not necessarily the other way around.
My guess is the atheists you experience are atheists in America where Christianity is the overwhelmingly in the majority. If you talk to an atheist in Saudi Arabia, my guess is they'll talk about Islam.

Just a thought :)

Apr 2014
redacted
My guess is the atheists you experience are atheists in America where Christianity is the overwhelmingly in the majority. If you talk to an atheist in Saudi Arabia, my guess is they'll talk about Islam.

Just a thought :)
While there is some agreeable logic to your thought, it just goes to show they are no smarter than the average Bible thumper. :)