How to tell if you are an Evangelical "christian".....

Apr 2014
redacted
PS as an atheist, you know how to tell the difference between an atheist and a militant Atheist? One of them capitalizes it.
LOL. Good one.

My definition is that they, like their polar opposites, are the ones always screaming about it. The US is 74-85% Christian, but that runs the gamut of "what's on their birth certificate" to loud-mouthed Bible thumpers. About a third of those are Evangelicals. Atheists are a much smaller number, about 2-4% although Atheist groups like to fluff up their numbers by including Buddhists, agnostics and anyone who says "no religion".

Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian

Dec 2015
Arizona
LOL. Good one.

My definition is that they, like their polar opposites, are the ones always screaming about it. The US is 74-85% Christian, but that runs the gamut of "what's on their birth certificate" to loud-mouthed Bible thumpers. About a third of those are Evangelicals. Atheists are a much smaller number, about 2-4% although Atheist groups like to fluff up their numbers by including Buddhists, agnostics and anyone who says "no religion".

Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian
Informative article, but just saying "I'm Christian" really means nothing, just like saying I'm a born-again/Evangelical Christian means nothing if don't walk the walk--although MOST of them are adept at TALKING THE TALK, aren't they?
There's seems to be some GREAT misunderstanding of what it means to be a practicing Christian. Those who are BORN again have specific assignments---sorta like AA converts. There's a Step Program involved but the only supervisor is God and God may not say much.
See if you think our DTT Evangelicals can tick-off this laundry list:

+Increase your love and compassion for ALL OTHERS
+Do good
+Love God
+Do no harm
+Follow the commandments

Does this sound like Donald Trump to you???????????

Apr 2014
redacted
Informative article, but just saying "I'm Christian" really means nothing, just like saying I'm a born-again/Evangelical Christian means nothing if don't walk the walk--although MOST of them are adept at TALKING THE TALK, aren't they?
There's seems to be some GREAT misunderstanding of what it means to be a practicing Christian. Those who are BORN again have specific assignments---sorta like AA converts. There's a Step Program involved but the only supervisor is God and God may not say much.
See if you think our DTT Evangelicals can tick-off this laundry list:

+Increase your love and compassion for ALL OTHERS
+Do good
+Love God
+Do no harm
+Follow the commandments

Does this sound like Donald Trump to you???????????
Agreed there is a major difference between talking the talk and walking the walk. Most are as you aid; mostly talk.

The easiest ones to spot are those who claim Christianity then spread hate or advocate harm to innocent human beings.

Trump "became" a Christian during the election. I doubt he is one.