https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/27/dreamers-post-paying-taxes-

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
'Dreamers' Post on paying taxes goes viral.

outspoken advocate for dreamers: In 2015 she wrote a popular opinion piece pressing Arizona leaders to grant in-state tuition to dreamers. Last year she served as a page at the Democratic National Convention, even though she can't vote.

"I decided to post it basically to bust the myth that immigrants don’t contribute and they don’t pay taxes to this country," she said. She said she filed state and federal taxes and, in the end, paid $300 to the state.

She publicly posted a photo of herself holding a Form 1040 along with this caption:

"MYTH BUSTER: I, an undocumented immigrant, just filed my taxes and PAID $300 to the state of Arizona. I cannot receive financial aid from the state or federal government for school, I cannot benefit from unemployment, a reduced healthcare plan, or a retirement fund. I think I'm a pretty good citizen. Oh and there are MILLIONS just like me who pay into a system they will never receive anything from. Wanna tell me again how I should be deported, contribute nothing and only leech off this country while the 1% wealthiest people in this country steal from you everyday? How about you show me yours Donald J. Trump? #HereToStay"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/27/dreamers-post-paying-taxes-goes-viral/99717160/?ref=yfp

I just love this story. It is so cute.

Here is the photo she posted

Last edited:
Feb 2014
nunya
Simple questions for her. Have you bothered to apply for citizenship? Or do you feel special and way above standing in line? Does your situation automatically apply to all illegal aliens? Just a few questions I would probably have for the above illegal alien

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Simple questions for her. Have you bothered to apply for citizenship? Or do you feel special and way above standing in line? Does your situation automatically apply to all illegal aliens? Just a few questions I would probably have for the above illegal alien
There is a lot of questions in there. It is not surprising that it went viral. what I find amusing is that the fake news, I mean mainstream media picked it up and ran w/ it. But hey. Facts don't care about feelings.

Reactions: 2 people