Who would you vote for

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanders/O'Rourke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
We're far away from this, but there's an interesting hypothetical I've seen in some circles. There are 1,000,000 things that will happen between now and 11/6/20, but just want to get everyone's thoughts

Republican ticket - President Donald Trump/VP Mike Pense
Democratic ticket - Senator Bernie Sanders/Former Congressman Beto O'Rourke
Independent ticket - Governor John Kasich (R)/Former Governor John Hickenlooper (D)

Kasich has hinted at running in 2020 and in doing so in a way that is most impactful. Well ask any republicans who lived through the 1992 election and they'll tell you the most impactful thing he can do is run as an independent and pull votes away from Trump. And YES, I've seen some speculation that (R) John Kasich would run a ticket with (D) John Hickenlooper. Kasich and Hickenlooper are both considered moderates within their party (less so with Kasich) and they could run on an appeal to bring things back to normal and bring parties together. Not saying I agree with it, but they could champion that message throughout an independent campaign.

So you'd have three options. You have the Trump train, you have the far left Sanders, and you have the middle.

I think it's an interesting hypothetical

May 2018
Chicago
You need an adoption for none of the above. I would no sooner vote for Sanders than I would Trump. Sanders is a nutcase who would be just as divisive as Trump. Kasich is decent, but he's still in the GOP. I won't vote GOP again until they completely denounce Trump.

Apr 2013
Left coast
You need an adoption for none of the above. I would no sooner vote for Sanders than I would Trump. Sanders is a nutcase who would be just as divisive as Trump. Kasich is decent, but he's still in the GOP. I won't vote GOP again until they completely denounce Trump.
I looked at the poll as a choice for which was least bad. I agree with everything you said there except to completely denouncing part. The country is way too partisan for that. Even if one thinks that, it would be a bad move to express it till El Cappo is dead and buried politically.

Dec 2015
Arizona
If I had to vote for ONE of the above, it would be Kasich and Hickenlooper, but I HOPE the Dems AND GOP find some new talent. I am so sick of these old white guys---seriously. U.S. demographics are changing and our presidency should reflect that. I want YOUNG. I want women to run. I want ethnic minorities to run. Break the mold.

It's time to turn the page. If you're going to "dream", use a little more imagination.