'I left parts of my body in Iraq': Duckworth rips into GOP rep who said Democrats 'love' terrorists

Dec 2012
California
Washington (CNN)Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth, who lost both of her legs serving in the Iraq War, on Thursday ripped into the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee who has accused Democrats of being "in love with terrorists."
In an interview Wednesday on Fox News, Republican Rep. Doug Collins of Georgia also claimed, without evidence, that members of the Democratic Party mourn the recent death of top Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani more than they do fallen US service members. No congressional Democrat has mourned Soleimani, whom US officials have blamed for the deaths of hundreds of Americans.

"I'm not going to dignify that with a response. I left parts of my body in Iraq fighting terrorists," Duckworth told CNN's Brianna Keilar on "CNN Right Now." "I don't need to justify myself to anyone."

Asked by Keilar what she thought about Collins suggesting members of her party mourn Soleimani more than fallen service members, Duckworth replied: "I'm disgusted. I would never, ever use Gold Star families, military men and women, or their families, as any pawn in any political game."

Funny, a resolution commending our military for killing Soleimani was introduce in the Senate yesterday. Not ONE Democrat voted for it. What is that telling you?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Funny, a resolution commending our military for killing Soleimani was introduce in the Senate yesterday. Not ONE Democrat voted for it. What is that telling you?
it was just introduced yesterday. I think you mean no dems co-sponsored, which isn't extremely uncommon.

have you read the resolution?

I'm guessing the if there's any issue it will probably fall with item (4) on page 5

Dec 2012
California
it was just introduced yesterday. I think you mean no dems co-sponsored, which isn't extremely uncommon.

I'm guessing the if there's any issue it will probably fall with item (4) on page 5
Yup, no Democratic co-sponsors. The resolution was base on the resolution entered in 2011 after the Osama bin Laden killing. Senate resolution 159.

May 2018
none

I wish we could get one right winger in here say, "Hey, what Collins said was wrong". Because it was indeed wrong. But hey, that's too much to ask in this place.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I'll do whatever I can to make sure this political prostitute (Nikki Haley) never gets to be president:

You don't see anyone standing up for Iran," Haley said on "Hannity" Monday. "You're not hearing any of the Gulf members [states], you're not hearing China, you're not hearing Russia. The only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani are Democrat leadership and our Democrat presidential candidates. ...

Incredible. Look at the number of Haley's generalizations--her despicable claims.
Democratic leaders and Democratic candidates for president are "the only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani,"? Mourning?
Never mind that there's no evidence -- not one iota -- for this claim. No one has mourned Soleimani. Anyone who has followed this mess agrees that Soleimani was a vicious, violent murderer. AND today we are told that Trump targeted another "bad actor" in Yemen and that assassination FAILED. I'm sure the details will follow.
But Nikki didn't stop there, did she? Oh no!
She told Sean Hannity she thinks "the president showed great decisiveness, great resolve," and that he left Iranian leaders "shaking in their boots."
In other news, at least one GOP member just said: Dems LOVE terrorists?
Doug Collins.
What next? The evil press reporting what has been said? Probably.

Reactions: intangible child