'I left parts of my body in Iraq': Duckworth rips into GOP rep who said Democrats 'love' terrorists

Dec 2015
Arizona
AND BTW, this administration has SURROUNDED itself with vicious, violent, dishonest actors: Putin, Kimmie, Erdogan, Saudi Prince Who'sits, a gaggle of Trump associates in prison or indicted, a cabinet and advisors rocked with scandals, and a president who is a con artist.....but let's claim the Democrats LOVE terrorists and bad guys?

If you want to see some terrible, no-good, very bad people up close and personal, just look at Trump's cast of characters.

Dec 2018
Indiana
Incredible. Look at the number of Haley's generalizations--her despicable claims.
Democratic leaders and Democratic candidates for president are "the only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani,"? Mourning?
Never mind that there's no evidence -- not one iota -- for this claim. No one has mourned Soleimani. Anyone who has followed this mess agrees that Soleimani was a vicious, violent murderer. AND today we are told that Trump targeted another "bad actor" in Yemen and that assassination FAILED. I'm sure the details will follow.
But Nikki didn't stop there, did she? Oh no!
She told Sean Hannity she thinks "the president showed great decisiveness, great resolve," and that he left Iranian leaders "shaking in their boots."
In other news, at least one GOP member just said: Dems LOVE terrorists?
Doug Collins.
What next? The evil press reporting what has been said? Probably.
This will be held against her if she decides to run for Prez as it should, but it gets her brownie points from all the a-holes in the GOP base. They should know now that she's one of them even if she did take their flag down. Calculating.

May 2018
none
Incredible. Look at the number of Haley's generalizations--her despicable claims.
Democratic leaders and Democratic candidates for president are "the only ones that are mourning the loss of Soleimani,"? Mourning?
Never mind that there's no evidence -- not one iota -- for this claim. No one has mourned Soleimani. Anyone who has followed this mess agrees that Soleimani was a vicious, violent murderer. AND today we are told that Trump targeted another "bad actor" in Yemen and that assassination FAILED. I'm sure the details will follow.
But Nikki didn't stop there, did she? Oh no!
She told Sean Hannity she thinks "the president showed great decisiveness, great resolve," and that he left Iranian leaders "shaking in their boots."
In other news, at least one GOP member just said: Dems LOVE terrorists?
Doug Collins.
What next? The evil press reporting what has been said? Probably.
I just dropped in on her Twitter page too. Man, is she getting an earful.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I just dropped in on her Twitter page too. Man, is she getting an earful.
GOOD! We seem to sit on the sidelines and watch these people drop like flies. I hope Americans let her have it.

I'm thinking back on how hysterically funny Trump was on so many occasions and the CROWD roared. More than likely the GOP sat back in their recliners, sipping their Jack Daniels and guffawing over Trump's impersonation of the disabled reporter---his slam of Gold Star families--his mocking of a 16-year-old girl---his pet names for everyone under the sun--his hot mic---his disgraceful behavior toward women, minorities, immigrants and OUR ALLIES.

Can you visualize this? Did Haley think all this was funny? Entertaining? What about Collins? McConnell? Graham? Jordan? McCarthy?
Were they laughing too?

YOU BET THEY WERE!

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
This will be held against her if she decides to run for Prez as it should, but it gets her brownie points from all the a-holes in the GOP base. They should know now that she's one of them even if she did take their flag down. Calculating.
I'm curious about the filing deadlines, which differ by state. I think MOST states require filing before Jan. 2020? Also, thousands of signatures are needed, including congressional districts and qualified parties. There's a filing fee.
Here are the currently scheduled primary and caucus dates for the 2020 election:

February
February 3: Iowa caucuses

February 11: New Hampshire primary

February 22: Nevada Democratic caucuses

February 29: South Carolina Democratic primary

So I can't imagine anyone else is going to be qualified to run in 2020. Any ideas?

Dec 2018
Indiana
I'm curious about the filing deadlines, which differ by state. I think MOST states require filing before Jan. 2020? Also, thousands of signatures are needed, including congressional districts and qualified parties. There's a filing fee.
Here are the currently scheduled primary and caucus dates for the 2020 election:

February
February 3: Iowa caucuses

February 11: New Hampshire primary

February 22: Nevada Democratic caucuses

February 29: South Carolina Democratic primary

So I can't imagine anyone else is going to be qualified to run in 2020. Any ideas?
Nikki Haley, whom I was referring to, is waiting for the GOP primaries in 2024. Are you referring to her or Duckworth?