I like Kamala Harris, but this is dumb

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
You'r not missing anything, you're adding something. This has nothing to do with affordable housing, but housing for people who are transitioning back into society from jail. There is nothing in the article or the program that helps these folks get mortgages. You took an article to mean something it doesn't. Very disappointed, this isn't like you to do that. You should read your link again.
Ok. I'm all for helping convicts readjust baxk into society. But how is this going to help them or society if they can't make the payments?

Unless I'm missing something it just sounds like nothing was learned from 11 years ago?

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I take that back. Upon second reading. I didnt see anything in the link about owning, a house, only that it deals with making evicting a convict and their family that much harder over what is considered minor infractions. So... Probably, nevermind.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Ok. I'm all for helping convicts readjust baxk into society. But how is this going to help them or society if they can't make the payments?

Unless I'm missing something it just sounds like nothing was learned from 11 years ago?
TTBOMK, this has nothing to do with buying a house. This is related to them currently being barred from public housing.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

It's not about their ability to make the payments. It's about being allowed in to begin with, or being evicted, along with their entire family, for relatively minor infractions. The Republican heartily supported the "first step / second chance" bill that just passed congress and was signed by Trump. This seems right up their alley.

May 2018
Chicago
I take that back. Upon second reading. I didnt see anything in the link about owning, a house, only that it deals with making evicting a convict and their family that much harder over what is considered minor infractions. So... Probably, nevermind.
Yeah, which is why many if us found the OP's claims to be odd. ;)