I would have thought that a Christian forum

Jul 2016
Alabama
would be a "safe place." BUT!! What I mean is, here, there would be more "agreement" discussions and not confusion.

Looks like sinners come here and that is a good thing. Praise the Lord, Amen!!

Last edited:
Feb 2008
Minnesota
I'm the administrator at a Christian forum. I don't think the threads there would be very long at all without some disagreement.

Feb 2008
Minnesota
I agree......
Lack of Christians here blows my mind.:blink:
When I was graduated from a fundamental Baptist Bible college, I pretty much thought that one had to interpret the Bible in the same way I did, or they likely weren't a Christian. That was thirty years ago, and while I wasn't really as exclusive as that sounds, I'm sure I came across that way in conversations. I've since expanded my idea of who actually is a Christian. Oh, they still have to believe the gospel, but Christians can differ widely regarding theological issues and personal standards.

If a Christian gets on a forum with the sole purpose of telling sinners that they are on their way to Hell, they are likely to get some push-back even from other Christians, and then they might think that no one else on the forum is a Christian. I can't say I've seen enough of your posts to know if you fall into that category, but I have seen Braveheart come pretty close.

Sure, a Christian on this forum is likely to get some ridicule, but a person has to have a tough skin or they shouldn't post on forums. I've had some excellent conversations with the atheists here.

I'm sure an atheist posting on a Christian forum would have to expect some major push-back at times. The atheist on my Christian forum has the screen name of BornAgain. His original screen name at a different forum was BornAgainAtheist, since he was raised in a Christian home and had an experience in his teens in which he decided to become an atheist, similar in his mind to the born again experience in which a person decides to follow Jesus. He found that the longer screen name just caused people to want to convert him rather than have conversations with him, so he shortened the name.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I'm a Christian and have never encountered any kind of ridicule from non-believers on this forum. Oh, once in a while a couple of people will say that they don't understand how I can have faith since I'm "educated and intelligent." But, not ridiculed.

I get far more abuse from right-wing extremist Christian types who want to believe that their interpretation and version of Biblical scripture is the one and only way to find the path to God...and are vicious and vile to anybody who dares to contradict them.

Oct 2010
Colorado
When I was graduated from a fundamental Baptist Bible college, I pretty much thought that one had to interpret the Bible in the same way I did, or they likely weren't a Christian. That was thirty years ago, and while I wasn't really as exclusive as that sounds, I'm sure I came across that way in conversations. I've since expanded my idea of who actually is a Christian. Oh, they still have to believe the gospel, but Christians can differ widely regarding theological issues and personal standards.

If a Christian gets on a forum with the sole purpose of telling sinners that they are on their way to Hell, they are likely to get some push-back even from other Christians, and then they might think that no one else on the forum is a Christian. I can't say I've seen enough of your posts to know if you fall into that category, but I have seen Braveheart come pretty close.

Sure, a Christian on this forum is likely to get some ridicule, but a person has to have a tough skin or they shouldn't post on forums. I've had some excellent conversations with the atheists here.

I'm sure an atheist posting on a Christian forum would have to expect some major push-back at times. The atheist on my Christian forum has the screen name of BornAgain. His original screen name at a different forum was BornAgainAtheist, since he was raised in a Christian home and had an experience in his teens in which he decided to become an atheist, similar in his mind to the born again experience in which a person decides to follow Jesus. He found that the longer screen name just caused people to want to convert him rather than have conversations with him, so he shortened the name.
Are Christian universalists represented on your forum?

Feb 2008
Minnesota
Are Christian universalists represented on your forum?
Christian universalists? They'd get laughed right out of there.

Just kidding.

The place is so dead that no one is really represented there right now except me. I did have a Christian nudist start a thread and then two other Christian nudists joined, but none of them stayed long. :cray:

Oct 2010
Colorado
Christian universalists? They'd get laughed right out of there.

Just kidding.

The place is so dead that no one is really represented there right now except me. I did have a Christian nudist start a thread and then two other Christian nudists joined, but none of them stayed long. :cray:
:lol:

Well, "nudity" and "the Gospel" don't have any glaring inconsistencies, as long as the nudity isn't practiced in activities like, say, streaking. :lol:

Jul 2016
Alabama
:lol:

Well, "nudity" and "the Gospel" don't have any glaring inconsistencies, as long as the nudity isn't practiced in activities like, say, streaking. :lol:
What do you think about this scripture?

… 4The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife.

Jul 2016
Alabama
When do you get saved?

…24Martha replied, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. 26And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”…