Idaho fish and game commissioner getting requests to resign after hunting family of baboons' on Africa trip

Apr 2013
Left coast
Thanks. Anyone else?
Many years ago I used to hunt. But I only killed things I would eat. So for example although we lived in the middle of the major duck migration path, I never hunted duck because I don't like eating them.

But back in the early 80s I so enjoyed watching the wildlife in the national parks we were near that I just made the decision that I can get all the meat I need from Safeway and let the poor little buggers do their thing so my kids can enjoy them too.

This killing thing just so you could say you did or put a stuffed head on the wall didn't ever make any sense to me and now disgusts me.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Locally, we have moose, elk, deer, and antelope that are good eatin'. Bear is pretty good too. I don't like bighorn sheep or Mountain goat. I like eating the local fish, trout, char, salmon.

But I hate killing all of the above, to the point that I seldom even go fishing any more.

Nov 2014
Florida
Many years ago I used to hunt. But I only killed things I would eat. So for example although we lived in the middle of the major duck migration path, I never hunted duck because I don't like eating them.

But back in the early 80s I so enjoyed watching the wildlife in the national parks we were near that I just made the decision that I can get all the meat I need from Safeway and let the poor little buggers do their thing so my kids can enjoy them too.

This killing thing just so you could say you did or put a stuffed head on the wall didn't ever make any sense to me and now disgusts me.
Duck tastes much better than Goose. I grew up in a hunting family and we ate what we hunted. Here in Florida, I don't hunt because there is not much to hunt and I do not have time. I have a friend that goes to West Virginia deer hunting so I still get to eat venison.