If Socialized medicine is so bad why do Canadians live so long ?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
In terms of population health, life expectancy in 2006 was about two and a half years longer in Canada, with Canadians living to an average of 79.9 years and Americans 77.5 years.
Is Canada's healthcare better than us?
While dissatisfaction with the U.S. health care system is widespread among Americans, Canada's health care system enjoys high levels of satisfaction among its own population. ... For all that, Canada scored better than the U.S. on two commonly cited health outcome measures — infant mortality and life expectancy.

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
About 3 weeks ago I gave myself a heavy bang on my head when going through a low doorway on my shed. I didn't do anything at the time because It didn't knock me out, , but since then l have been suffering mild headaches so l decided to see my doctor, l phoned up the local practice l normally go to and arranged an appointment, because l didn't consider it an emergency they give me one a couple of days away. When I turned up for the appointment the doctor examined me and said it was probably some soft tissue damage and that my head pains would cease in a few more weeks, but just to be certain he would send my to A and E with a note asking for a C. T. Scan to make sure there hasn't been a bleed. I went and after about an hour's wait I had a scan, where they found everything was fine.
My out of pocket expenses for this, £3.50 for the hospital car park.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
About 3 weeks ago I gave myself a heavy bang on my head when going through a low doorway on my shed. I didn't do anything at the time because It didn't knock me out, , but since then l have been suffering mild headaches so l decided to see my doctor, l phoned up the local practice l normally go to and arranged an appointment, because l didn't consider it an emergency they give me one a couple of days away. When I turned up for the appointment the doctor examined me and said it was probably some soft tissue damage and that my head pains would cease in a few more weeks, but just to be certain he would send my to A and E with a note asking for a C. T. Scan to make sure there hasn't been a bleed. I went and after about an hour's wait I had a scan, where they found everything was fine.
My out of pocket expenses for this, £3.50 for the hospital car park.
Same here. I have been through two courses of chemo and two courses of radiation and three weeks in hospital and it has cost me about $300 for parking and $23.98 total for a couple of drugs that weren't covered fully.

But I did have to wait 2 days for my initial CT scan because it was totally routine at the time. Since the diagnosis that came from that one, waiting time is in hours.

I don't know where people find the horror stories they post here about the Canadian system. I suspect in the fiction section of their favorite GOP bookstore.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Mrs. RNG had cataract surgery on a non-emergency basis and had to wait 6 weeks. That cost nothing since I drove her and picked her up.

But I will admit that in this province, for non-emergency knee replacement the waiting list is about 2 months and for hips it's about 3 months. My mother-in-law was classified as being in a state where delaying it would cause further damage and was in the hospital that day and operated on next morning. And again, no out of pocket costs.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Same here. I have been through two courses of chemo and two courses of radiation and three weeks in hospital and it has cost me about $300 for parking and $23.98 total for a couple of drugs that weren't covered fully.

But I did have to wait 2 days for my initial CT scan because it was totally routine at the time. Since the diagnosis that came from that one, waiting time is in hours.

I don't know where people find the horror stories they post here about the Canadian system. I suspect in the fiction section of their favorite GOP bookstore.
god bless you

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Mrs. RNG had cataract surgery on a non-emergency basis and had to wait 6 weeks. That cost nothing since I drove her and picked her up.

But I will admit that in this province, for non-emergency knee replacement the waiting list is about 2 months and for hips it's about 3 months. My mother-in-law was classified as being in a state where delaying it would cause further damage and was in the hospital that day and operated on next morning. And again, no out of pocket costs.
2 to three months doesnt sem so bad, i was hearing it was years.. see they lie to us, they just flat out lie

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
My 85 year old mother in law has had so many parts of her replaced that I told her when she dies we will recycle her rather than bury her. ;)

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
What is the return on investment on this?

Society keeping old people alive just so they can turn around and go back to hospital for more outrageous medical procedures?