If Socialized medicine is so bad why do Canadians live so long ?

Jul 2015
chicago
About 3 weeks ago I gave myself a heavy bang on my head when going through a low doorway on my shed. I didn't do anything at the time because It didn't knock me out, , but since then l have been suffering mild headaches so l decided to see my doctor, l phoned up the local practice l normally go to and arranged an appointment, because l didn't consider it an emergency they give me one a couple of days away. When I turned up for the appointment the doctor examined me and said it was probably some soft tissue damage and that my head pains would cease in a few more weeks, but just to be certain he would send my to A and E with a note asking for a C. T. Scan to make sure there hasn't been a bleed. I went and after about an hour's wait I had a scan, where they found everything was fine.
My out of pocket expenses for this, £3.50 for the hospital car park.
What do you pay in income tax every year? That comes out of your pocket too.

Jul 2015
chicago
The destruction of the healthcare system in the USA is absolutely directly tied into the massive influx of illegal aliens over the border. The use of the emergency room by illegals who get served and then dash on payment has destroyed the county hospital system. Sure countries that do not have thousands of illegals streaming into there country everyday do not have this problem to deal with.

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
What do you pay in income tax every year? That comes out of your pocket too.
ln the first £12,000 l pay no tax, after that l pay 20% of the amount above £12,000. Considering the extra health and welfare benefits l am entitled to in the British system compared to the US system, l have no complaints.

Jul 2015
chicago
ln the first £12,000 l pay no tax, after that l pay 20% of the amount above £12,000. Considering the extra health and welfare benefits l am entitled to in the British system compared to the US system, l have no complaints.
You forgot the part about over £46,000 taxed at 40% and you forgot the 20% VAT