If this is true, why should we let the left take our guns?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Trump has already said he's going after silencers after successfully banning bump stocks without any push back from his proselytes. Now the focus will be on silencers then ghost guns and probably hobby builders after that. Trump will eliminate "legal" (notice the quotation marks and italicization there) firearms.

As Trump has stated:

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun." (The America We Deserve)

In my lifetime I don't think they will get any appreciable numbers of weapons out of the hands of the citizenry. They have both a Right and a Duty to resist such an effort. Having offered ways to substantially cut down the rate of firearm related incidents without gun control and been greeted with silence, the gun owners are destined to lose at the political level. If they don't have a legal strategy, they will lose at the judicial level. This will impair their moral mandate, having failed to exhaust their nonviolent political and legal avenues of redress.

Gun control is coming. If you have one, you will have to give it up or use it. It's pretty much that simple - unless the Republicans act NOW to force Donald Trump to reverse course. He figures if he keeps promising a freaking wall, the sheeple will continue to accept all the infringements on our Rights that the Globalist Chieftain can foist on a gullible segment of society.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Trump has already said he's going after silencers after successfully banning bump stocks without any push back from his proselytes. Now the focus will be on silencers then ghost guns and probably hobby builders after that. Trump will eliminate "legal" (notice the quotation marks and italicization there) firearms.

As Trump has stated:

“I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun." (The America We Deserve)

In my lifetime I don't think they will get any appreciable numbers of weapons out of the hands of the citizenry. They have both a Right and a Duty to resist such an effort. Having offered ways to substantially cut down the rate of firearm related incidents without gun control and been greeted with silence, the gun owners are destined to lose at the political level. If they don't have a legal strategy, they will lose at the judicial level. This will impair their moral mandate, having failed to exhaust their nonviolent political and legal avenues of redress.

Gun control is coming. If you have one, you will have to give it up or use it. It's pretty much that simple - unless the Republicans act NOW to force Donald Trump to reverse course. He figures if he keeps promising a freaking wall, the sheeple will continue to accept all the infringements on our Rights that the Globalist Chieftain can foist on a gullible segment of society.

Gun Control maybe coming.. and, remember how Athens fell, They lost the democracy because they disarmed the citizens

Mar 2018
Grayson
Gun Control maybe coming.. and, remember how Athens fell, They lost the democracy because they disarmed the citizens
Actually I think democracy is what killed this country:

"The evils we experience flow from the excess of democracy. The people do not want virtue, but are the dupes of pretended patriots." Elbridge Gerry in a 1787 debate

"Democracy, will soon degenerate into an anarchy, such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes, and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure and every one of these will soon mold itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues, and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit, and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable cruelty of one or a very few." John Adams in an 1807 essay

I prefer the Republic which acknowledges unalienable Rights - that is Rights that are inherent, natural, God given, irrevocable, absolute, and above the reach of government. Among those is the Right to Life which entails the duty and responsibility to defend one's life as well as their loved ones. The Right to keep and bear Arms is such a Right and a Right that exists by virtue of the Republican Form of Government guaranteed to us in Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Athens was never disarmed, but hey, you on the right never get anything right anyway.

Now, since we already have "gun control", can you cite legislation anywhere that seeks to totally disarm the people as you fear?

How the Greeks Viewed Weapons