If Trump is responsible for the shootings......

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Well what in the hell did Trump say about immigrants?

He NEVER said all immigrants are rapists and criminals, yet the press twists his words to mean that. Some do though as it is being swept under the rug.

Obama locked kids in cages who came across the border, yet the press used those pictures to blame Trump.

And no, using the term invasion is not hate speech, it is the truth.
Why do you seeminly feel that others should answer your question while you ignore theirs?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Hours after the shooting, Senator Bernie Sanders responded on the Senate floor to news that Hodgkinson was a campaign volunteer for his 2016 presidential run:

I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign. I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be, violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs counter to our most deeply held American values.[67]
2017 Congressional baseball shooting - Wikipedia

~~~

and this is what Scalise is actually saying, and I see his talking point is being twisted

"My heart breaks when you see what happened," the congressman said. "There's no place for it, whether it's somebody that's racist, that hates a certain ethnic group. There's no place for those kind of attacks and attacking people based on their ethnicity."

"But to try to assign blame to somebody else I think is a very slippery slope, because the president's no more responsible for that shooting, as your next guest, Bernie Sanders, is for my shooting," Scalise said, adding that he "is not responsible. The shooter is responsible."

~~~

That's the craziest thing to me regarding Scalise is this dude got shot with a gun and still sucks off the NRA. Whatever floats his boat I guess

Reactions: foundit66
Nov 2005
California
That's the craziest thing to me regarding Scalise is this dude got shot with a gun and still sucks off the NRA. Whatever floats his boat I guess
Three Capitol Police officers were present at the practice to protect Scalise,[21] who, due to his House leadership position, had a full-time security detail assigned to protect him.[22]
2017 Congressional baseball shooting - Wikipedia

Scalise should be told that his security detail is being withdrawn and asked to join another baseball game with the Repub politicians before his next NRA relevant vote.
To be clear, this is not a threat, but rather simply noting that the man is voting from the comfort of armed guard protection which the vast majority of Americans do not enjoy. He should simply have the same level of lack of protection as the rest of us to realize what the #swear his vote is really about...

Reactions: se7en
Nov 2005
California
also FWIW, it seems most are finding FOX news might have influenced the murderer even more than the president
How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars
(this article did note that sometimes talking heads are just echoing the president)
And then Tucker Carlson tries to pretend white supremacists aren't a problem in this country...
Tucker Carlson tells his viewers that the country's white supremacy problem 'is a hoax' - CNN

Hannity had the Proud Boys founder on his show and then later denied any knowledge of who the Proud Boys were... :eek:

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2019
here and there
I didn't ask you for "inflammatory speech".

I asked you: What did Sanders say which actually created any hatred towards the GOP Congress?
You respond by giving me inflammatory speech about Trump, which has nothing to do with your claim in post #1.

At this stage, it's rather obvious you wanted to complain about one thing, didn't think it through to recognize the false equivalence you were pushing, and now you want to move the goalposts...
Inflammatory would be Trump saying Bernie is the most dangerous person in the US.

Feb 2019
here and there
I disagree that they are not a problem but I also think that their numbers are few and blown out of proportion.

I also think that the media hyping White Nationalism has given them the false hope that their numbers are greater and that Trump has their back, which more than likely is fueling their terrorism.

Conversely, when there was an Islamic attack on US soil, Obama refused to utter the words "Islamic Terrorism". The reason was he did not want to foster hate towards Muslims and did not want to give the desired effect of advertising for them.

But when white police officers were being assassinated across the country, he had no problem with feeding into the notion that the police force around the country was racist.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
This false dichotomy never ceases to amaze me. Trump did not invent racism. Trump did not invent white supremacy. Trump did not invent hatred towards Hispanics. But to argue Trump has not fanned the flames that fuel white supremacy is just burying your head in the sand.

Twice now during his presidency he has disavowed white supremacy, once after Charlottesville and once after El Paso. For Charlottesville, he first said there are fine people on both sides, then he disavowed white supremecy along with all forms of hatred, then he went back and said he stood behind the first statement. For El Paso, he disavowed white supremacy along with all forms of hatred and supremacy, along with antifa. Comparing the threat we face as a nation from white supremacy to that of Antifa is like saying we have an equal issue with diabetes as people accidentally sitting on a cactus. Lumping them together gives white supremacists the ability to argue that Trump stands with them and he's only disavowing them because of politics. Don't ask me. Go check white supremacist web sites. That's exactly what they're doing.

Further, let's examine the two inspirations.

What was the message of Bernie Sanders? It was the current healthcare system is killing people because they either don't have the money to get help or they have to ration their medication which leads to decline and death. He was, and is, fighting for a better healthcare system

What was the message of Trump? Mexicans are rapists, they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crimes, they're coming for our jobs, it's an invasion, it's an infestation, it's the great replacement theory.

If you think these are equal, I suggest removing your rose colored glasses.

Feb 2019
here and there
This false dichotomy never ceases to amaze me. Trump did not invent racism. Trump did not invent white supremacy. Trump did not invent hatred towards Hispanics. But to argue Trump has not fanned the flames that fuel white supremacy is just burring your head in the sand.

Twice now during his presidency he has disavowed white supremacy, once after Charlottesville and once after El Paso. For Charlottesville, he first said there are fine people on both sides, then he disavowed white supremecy along with all forms of hatred, then he went back and said he stood behind the first statement. For El Paso, he disavowed white supremacy along with all forms of hatred and supremacy, along with antifa. Comparing the threat we face as a nation from white supremacy to that of Antifa is like saying we have an equal issue with diabetes as people accidentally sitting on a cactus. Lumping them together gives white supremacists the ability to argue that Trump stands with them and he's only disavowing them because of politics. Don't ask me. Go check white supremacist web sites. That's exactly what they're doing.

Further, let's examine the two inspirations.

What was the message of Bernie Sanders? It was the current healthcare system is killing people because they either don't have the money to get help or they have to ration their medication which leads to decline and death. He was, and is, fighting for a better healthcare system

What was the message of Trump? Mexicans are rapists, they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crimes, they're coming for our jobs, it's an invasion, it's an infestation, it's the great replacement theory.

If you think these are equal, I suggest removing your rose colored glasses.
The El Paso shooter also was in favor of Universal Health care like Bernie, and the Ohio shooter in never mentioned because he was a Left wing Satanist cook.

The hypocrisy of the media is for all to see.

As for rationing health care, ever hear of the VA scandal in Arizona when Obama was President? They were rationing care by simply erroneously documenting they were treating veterans whom they did not have the money and staff to treat. So if the Federal government treats our veterans like this, how will they treat us?

At the end of the day, both government run health care and private insurance run health care is about rationing, but with the Federal government running the show there is no one left to run to for help.

As it was, Obama fired some top executive in the VA for the scandal and simply swept in under the rug. This crap still probably continues. Thank God there were whistle blowers, but the one who blew the whistle was fired after going to Senator McCain for help.

Had it not been for an obscure Congressman from Florida, we would never have heard of this scandal.. The Left wing press certainly had no interest in the story.

May 2018
none
The El Paso shooter also was in favor of Universal Health care like Bernie, and the Ohio shooter in never mentioned because he was a Left wing Satanist cook.

The hypocrisy of the media is for all to see.

As for rationing health care, ever hear of the VA scandal in Arizona when Obama was President? They were rationing care by simply erroneously documenting they were treating veterans whom they did not have the money and staff to treat. So if the Federal government treats our veterans like this, how will they treat us?

At the end of the day, both government run health care and private insurance run health care is about rationing, but with the Federal government running the show there is no one left to run to for help.

As it was, Obama fired some top executive in the VA for the scandal and simply swept in under the rug. This crap still probably continues. Thank God there were whistle blowers, but the one who blew the whistle was fired after going to Senator McCain for help.

Had it not been for an obscure Congressman from Florida, we would never have heard of this scandal.. The Left wing press certainly had no interest in the story.
Sorry, but Udub is right. Your attempts at deflection aren't fooling anyone but you. Go ahead and keep defending Trump if you want. Just know that nobody's buying it.

Reactions: foundit66 and se7en