If Trump is responsible for the shootings......

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
The El Paso shooter also was in favor of Universal Health care like Bernie, and the Ohio shooter in never mentioned because he was a Left wing Satanist cook.

The hypocrisy of the media is for all to see.

As for rationing health care, ever hear of the VA scandal in Arizona when Obama was President? They were rationing care by simply erroneously documenting they were treating veterans whom they did not have the money and staff to treat. So if the Federal government treats our veterans like this, how will they treat us?

At the end of the day, both government run health care and private insurance run health care is about rationing, but with the Federal government running the show there is no one left to run to for help.

As it was, Obama fired some top executive in the VA for the scandal and simply swept in under the rug. This crap still probably continues. Thank God there were whistle blowers, but the one who blew the whistle was fired after going to Senator McCain for help.

Had it not been for an obscure Congressman from Florida, we would never have heard of this scandal.. The Left wing press certainly had no interest in the story.
No, this is not hypocrisy. Liking something and cheering for something is different than being inspired by something. Was the El Paso shooter inspired by Bernie Sanders or the desire for Universal Healthcare? No. He was inspired by his hatred for Mexicans for a perceived invasion. We know this because he said so in his nut job journal and in police interviews? And we know the Ohio shooter liked Elizabeth Warren and shared pro-Antifa tweets. But was he inspired to kill because of them? We don't know.

I like the green bay packers. I share a lot of tweets and article about the green bay packers. Hypothetically if I shoot up a bunch of people, does it mean the Packers motivated me to do it? No.

May 2018
none
No, this is not hypocrisy. Liking something and cheering for something is different than being inspired by something. Was the El Paso shooter inspired by Bernie Sanders or the desire for Universal Healthcare? No. He was inspired by his hatred for Mexicans for a perceived invasion. We know this because he said so in his nut job journal and in police interviews? And we know the Ohio shooter liked Elizabeth Warren and shared pro-Antifa tweets. But was he inspired to kill because of them? We don't know.

I like the green bay packers. I share a lot of tweets and article about the green bay packers. Hypothetically if I shoot up a bunch of people, does it mean the Packers motivated me to do it? No.
Exactly. Thanks, and very well put.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Exactly. Thanks, and very well put.
This is a byproduct of our 24/7 polarized world. We see a bad event and wait with baited breath for the opportunity to blame the other side. As soon as there's even a hint the other side can be blamed we let the dogs out.

But people need to think through this stuff and see if blame is warranted. I'm not saying the El Paso shooter did this souly because of Trump. I'm not saying he wouldn't have done this one way or the other. But to pretend like Trump's language had absolutely nothing to do with it is just silly. No, Trump is not the only factor. No, Trump is not responsible. But he had an effect leading up to it and continues to have an effect in the way he's responded.

Reactions: se7en
Nov 2005
California
Inflammatory would be Trump saying Bernie is the most dangerous person in the US.
First off, WHEN did Bernie actually say that?
Are you referencing a JUNE 2019 TWEET that Bernie made?
Which would make Bernie's statement TWO YEARS AFTER the thing that you want to blame it for???

June 2017- Republican Congresspeople shot at baseball event.
# You want to know why the media didn't blame Bernie for this because in June 2019 Bernie made an insult against Trump.
Is that accurate?

Jesus.
Can you just admit your attempted comparison in post #1 was crap if all you can do is blindly repeat your response while completely ignoring the fact that it doesn't answer the ACTUAL question??

I think one of the problems with such discussions is that some people apply just a ridiculously simplistic approach to things.
You complain: "Both handled far differently by the press. "
But you completely failed to look at why the two situations were different.

Bernie never said anything to malign or inspire hatred towards Republican Congresspeople. That is why nobody blamed him.
Trump has repeatedly stated racist things that have been picked up and championed by racists.

It's like you're looking at flavored oatmeal and a brownie, seeing that both contain sugar and thus you declare that flavored oatmeal and a brownie are the same thing.

Sorry, but Udub is right. Your attempts at deflection aren't fooling anyone but you. Go ahead and keep defending Trump if you want. Just know that nobody's buying it.
It fascinates me how many posters on the right just completely fail to grasp the actual arguments being made.
Here, the only justification for the comparison that has been offered is that Bernie claimed Trump was dangerous. Ignoring the time-gap, Bernie insults Trump, so that's to blame for Repub Congresspeople getting shot???

Nov 2005
California
What an absolutely ridiculous load of false equivalence...
What did Sanders say which actually created any hatred towards the GOP Congress?
"Sanders recently publically exclaimed that Trump was the most dangerous man in the US".
OI is trying to say Bernie should be blamed for an attack on GOP Congresspeople.
For justification of that, OI is saying Sanders insulting the president is justification.

How are both of you failing to recognize that we're talking about two entirely different groups?
By this level of confusion, couldn't we blame Hannity for the attack on Republican congresspeople?
Hannity has been known to attack Democrat congresspeople, ergo he's responsible for Republican congresspeople getting shot!
#sarcasm

Reactions: Hollywood
Dec 2012
California
First off, WHEN did Bernie actually say that?
Are you referencing a JUNE 2019 TWEET that Bernie made?
Which would make Bernie's statement TWO YEARS AFTER the thing that you want to blame it for???

# You want to know why the media didn't blame Bernie for this because in June 2019 Bernie made an insult against Trump.
Is that accurate?

Jesus.
Can you just admit your attempted comparison in post #1 was crap if all you can do is blindly repeat your response while completely ignoring the fact that it doesn't answer the ACTUAL question??

I think one of the problems with such discussions is that some people apply just a ridiculously simplistic approach to things.
You complain: "Both handled far differently by the press. "
But you completely failed to look at why the two situations were different.

Bernie never said anything to malign or inspire hatred towards Republican Congresspeople. That is why nobody blamed him.
Trump has repeatedly stated racist things that have been picked up and championed by racists.

It's like you're looking at flavored oatmeal and a brownie, seeing that both contain sugar and thus you declare that flavored oatmeal and a brownie are the same thing.

It fascinates me how many posters on the right just completely fail to grasp the actual arguments being made.
Here, the only justification for the comparison that has been offered is that Bernie claimed Trump was dangerous. Ignoring the time-gap, Bernie insults Trump, so that's to blame for Repub Congresspeople getting shot???
Two years or two days, the statement was hyperbolic and aimed at the GOP. To suggest that both situations were handled the same by the MSM is ridiculous.

Nov 2005
California
Two years or two days, the statement was hyperbolic and aimed at the GOP. To suggest that both situations were handled the same by the MSM is ridiculous.
Again, false equivalence.

On one hand, we have Trump attacking Mexicans / Hispanics and a sudden spout of people trying to kill Mexicans / Hispanics.
On the other hand, we have Bernie attacking Trump and ???????

By your logic, we would just say that Trump was attacking minorities and using that generalization to try to justify Trump as a reason for people increasing attacks on Native Americans. Bernie's statement was clearly JUST ABOUT TRUMP and your attempt to generalize it is just lame.

Furthermore, don't give this "two years or two days" crap.

Is that accurate?

It is downright absurd of OI to claim that Bernie's statement TWO YEARS AFTER the Republican Congresspeople shooting could be thought of as justification for that attack. Was the shooter psychic?

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
If Trump is responsible for the shooter targeting immigrants, then Bernie Sanders is responsible for the shooter who tried to assassinate the entire GOP Congress.

Both handled far differently by the press.

Additionally, I can't think of any prominent members of the GOP who tried to blame the Sanders groupie who tried to gun them down.

Incidentally, Sanders recently publically exclaimed that Trump was the most dangerous man in the US.
Trump calls a particular group of people rapists, murders, bad hombres and blames all the countries problems falsely on them. He has hateful rhetoric against them. The shooter was targeting them based on Trumps words. Targeting hispanics.

Bernie sanders doesn't talk about violence against other congressmen.