If white supremacy were a real issue, it would be because whites were the one's invading to take over many countries

Dec 2016
Canada
Ever wonder if electricity or any other academic / scientific disciplines of a precise, mechanical nature would have been invented otherwise...?
Invent ways of living that are environmentally sustainable and then I'll be impressed with your intellect! All else is causes more harm than benefit when it destroys ecosystems, uses up non-renewable resources and turns oceans into marine graveyards through plastics residues and other pollution, turning ocean waters acidic and anoxic because of excessive carbon absorption from the atmosphere, and puts us in a near extinction scenario right now! Many of us, even most of us may live long enough to start to see beginning of the end. I'm just not expecting to see Jesus riding in on a winged horse to save the human race from destruction.,

Dec 2016
Canada
Apparently you did not read the sermon (and I have hundreds), so don't let ignorance make you look bad by not knowing. Let education be your friend:

Apocalypticism Explained | Apocalypse! FRONTLINE | PBS

http://www.kimmillerconcernedchristians.com/Unsealings/1425.pdf

The Old Jerusalem is Not the New JerUSAlem

Our Father's Kingdom of America: America the New Jerusalem

New Jerusalem

General Convention of the New Jerusalem in the United States of America | The Online Books Page

Quakers and African Americans approach the New Jerusalem

* No wonder the blacks have had their "Eyes on the Prize" (Google it if you want to know about it)

As you will learn, not only was the position of America being the New Jerusalem practiced by the Quakers and Puritans (among other sects), but that tenet of faith is being practiced in many denominations today. You don't have to believe that they are right or wrong, but don't make your own ignorance make you look uneducated if you want to participate in this discussion. I have copies of many different sermons delivered during the founding period along those lines.
Feel free to climb up on your roof to await Jesus's return! Some of us understand your dogma has played a major role in the western presumption that we live above and beyond the bounds of nature.....and reality is crashing in real soon now!

Dec 2016
Canada
Life has always been about competition for limited resources.
Our most recent generations who were raised in their safe, sterile cocoons have no concept of this. They have no point of reference..just the reset button on their video game controllers when things don't seem fair to them.
NO it hasn't! That is the white euro supremacist view of human nature that was debunked in the 70's, but kept coming back because it suits so many agendas: racial supremacy, cultural supremacy, faith in progress and technology etc.. And the worst murderous, greedy bastards who commit genocide and enslave millions often feel the need for an ideology to justify their actions. The they would have done it to us if they had the chance excuse comes in handy!
Read this book and you might get a clue about what should and should not be considered innate and not hardwired behavior:

War, Peace, and Human Nature: The Convergence of Evolutionary and Cultural Views
by Douglas P. Fry (Editor)

Have humans always waged war? Is warring an ancient evolutionary adaptation or a relatively recent behavior--and what does that tell us about human nature? In War, Peace, and Human Nature, editor Douglas P. Fry brings together leading experts in such fields as evolutionary biology, archaeology, anthropology, and primatology to answer fundamental questions about peace, conflict, and human nature in an evolutionary context. The chapters in this book demonstrate that humans clearly have the capacity to make war, but since war is absent in some cultures, it cannot be viewed as a human universal. And counter to frequent presumption the actual archaeological record reveals the recent emergence of war. It does not typify the ancestral type of human society, the nomadic forager band, and contrary to widespread assumptions, there is little support for the idea that war is ancient or an evolved adaptation. Views of human nature as inherently warlike stem not from the facts but from cultural views embedded in Western thinking.​
Drawing upon evolutionary and ecological models; the archaeological record of the origins of war; nomadic forager societies past and present; the value and limitations of primate analogies; and the evolution of agonism, including restraint; the chapters in this interdisciplinary volume refute many popular generalizations and effectively bring scientific objectivity to the culturally and historically controversial subjects of war, peace, and human nature.​

Mar 2018
Grayson
Feel free to climb up on your roof to await Jesus's return! Some of us understand your dogma has played a major role in the western presumption that we live above and beyond the bounds of nature.....and reality is crashing in real soon now!
You quoted two links, neither of which are a sermon. But, yes, I read the material. Posting the links does not mean that I necessarily agree with every statement, but find that their account of history is consistent with the point that I am making. There is one sermon that I read a couple of times a year. It's much greater than MLK's I have a Dream speech as it has been referenced by world leaders and politicians like JFK and Ronald Reagan more than 300 years after it was delivered:
http://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

Dec 2016
Canada
You quoted two links, neither of which are a sermon. But, yes, I read the material. Posting the links does not mean that I necessarily agree with every statement, but find that their account of history is consistent with the point that I am making. There is one sermon that I read a couple of times a year. It's much greater than MLK's I have a Dream speech as it has been referenced by world leaders and politicians like JFK and Ronald Reagan more than 300 years after it was delivered:
http://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf
John Winthrop! An original theorist of Manifest Destiny in America.....God has given us this land.....and told us to get rid of the people who happen to be living here......same old, same old!