If you are a Democrat, here are things I know about you

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I take moderate issue with both of these threads as they generalize for flame induction. There are truths to be found in both but neither is true. They also do not address those of us that WERE Republican until being Republican lost the meaning and ideals it once had...we are NOT Dems but are running from this new GOP/Trumpist/Obstruction idiocy. At this point I do not much care what qualifications a Dem has as they get my vote to remove Trump and the "New Republicans" wherever they are. Between McConnel and Trump they have completely poisoned the Swamp.
You are correct that generalizations do tend to be polarizing. However, there are clear general patterns that can be attributed to one party more than another. The key is not to take it personally but to consider the entrenched patterns of philosophy. One can be a Democrat and admit that Southern Democrats were problematic and the Democratic Party has attracted even communists. One can be a Republican and admit that Trumpism is toxic and Rochefeller Republicans (moderates) are essentially non-existant.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
I take moderate issue with both of these threads as they generalize for flame induction. There are truths to be found in both but neither is true. They also do not address those of us that WERE Republican until being Republican lost the meaning and ideals it once had...we are NOT Dems but are running from this new GOP/Trumpist/Obstruction idiocy. At this point I do not much care what qualifications a Dem has as they get my vote to remove Trump and the "New Republicans" wherever they are. Between McConnel and Trump they have completely poisoned the Swamp.
Everything I said was honest, accurate, and true. Your generalization that it is not doesn't mean much when you can't cite a specific. I'm not flaming anybody.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Everything I said was honest, accurate, and true. Your generalization that it is not doesn't mean much when you can't cite a specific. I'm not flaming anybody.
Golly, I is sorry if my opinion of your opinion upsets you.

Reactions: Kode
Feb 2018
Oregon
You were probably honest, but what you said certainly was neither accurate nor true.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Aww man...now he makes sense....no fair.
This rang a bell for me:

As we approach the end of the Republic, it should be noted that Americans are living fewer years, are less affluent, enjoy fewer Liberties, have more people incarcerated than any nation on the globe, more people on mind altering drugs than any nation in the world and we depend on foreign countries for everything we own. MAGA was a silly proposition... we're going to pass more laws, create more restraints on the Constitution and that is going to make us great again. Silly me. I was advocating repealing laws until we got back to that point when America was truly great.

I read yesterday that for the third year in a row Americans' life expectancy dropped. Probably, this is the result of Democrats being worried to death by Trump. **sarcasm, partially**