If you are a Democrat, here are things I know about you

Nov 2013
NM
Drugs and suicide have dramatically skewed our national mortality stats.
& the US birth rate has fallen again - I recall reading just recently. Without immigration, we would be in the dire straits of Japan, Russia, the worst-off of the European countries (in terms of falling birthrates). Apparently, people in the US are too tired, too stressed; & they're more-or-less voting with their naughty bits. Abstaining, as it were.

Reactions: Clara007

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
& the US birth rate has fallen again - I recall reading just recently. Without immigration, we would be in the dire straits of Japan, Russia, the worst-off of the European countries (in terms of falling birthrates). Apparently, people in the US are too tired, too stressed; & they're more-or-less voting with their naughty bits. Abstaining, as it were.
The posterity of the founders has been convinced that they should all be gay, married to an immigrant, or tolerating that dirty trick where mother nature left today's males with less testosterone than their predecessors.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So the liberals and Democrats say. Still they cannot cite a specific.
Specifics:

1) Most Democrats are loyal to their Party, even if the sorriest POS on earth gets nominated to carry the banner.

I call BS until you can cite an example of Democrats supporting the sorriest POS on earth.

2) Democrats could level the charge that Trump supporters have never read the Constitution. That is true. But, if the Dems understand the Constitution so well, how did they mistake a sentence, in a private letter, to constitute a legal principle (speaking of the separation of church and states which does not appear in any legal document our country was founded on)???

Are you advocating for the Church of Alabama or the Church of Nevada? If so, what benefits do you see arising from the establishment of state churches?

3) Democrats ultimately believe in mob rule or mobocracy or majority rule until they lose the vote. THEN they like to invoke the law. If 99 students pray before class and 1 objects, what happens to "democracy?

How is this a distinguishing mark of a Democrat? If 99 students don't pray before class and 1 objects, you can count on Rs making an issue of it.

4) Democrats believe that government, and only government can solve your problems. Then, again, to their credit, they got Donald Trump to assist in the brainwashing idea that might makes right and the government can do whatever it wants - unless it is something that the Dems want and then the Constitution works

Honestly, I think there's some truth here, although I'd add that in all my years of association with local government, BY FAR the majority of people willing to volunteer for community service are liberals/Democrats. As for might makes right, do you remember GW saying, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"? Do you remember American fries?

5) Democrats disavow every core principle upon which this country was founded. I used to believe that if ain't froke don't bix it. It is almost hilarious, however to see how the Dems trained the Republicans to give lip service to our core values and then trip all over themselves to pacify the left when the Republicans get shamed with some exaggerated version of the way things were and are.

What core principles? Where are they legally listed and empowered?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Do you believe the human population should grow indefinitely?

Dec 2018
Indiana
Not to be argumentative, but I would love a modest decline in the U.S. population -- less sprawl, more beautiful green space, fewer traffic jams, etc., etc.

Reactions: imaginethat
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
More likely they take advantage of birth control and choose not to bring children into an angry world.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
Not to be argumentative, but I would love a modest decline in the U.S. population -- less sprawl, more beautiful green space, fewer traffic jams, etc., etc.

Yep the U.S. birth is still falling and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
*Fewer teens are having babies. Maybe we can chalk that up to....ooohhh....what's the term.....oh yeah: SEX EDUCATION. (That thingy that the RWingers hate.)
*Women are waiting LONGER to have those babes--and that's good. Mature, educated mothers are better moms. (Did I just use a derivative of the word "EDUCATE"..again?)
*Less mouths to feed so income goes further.
*Smaller classroom sizes in public school/daycare--always a plus.
* Less population--less peeps to screw up the climate.
What am I missing?

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Specifics:

1) Most Democrats are loyal to their Party, even if the sorriest POS on earth gets nominated to carry the banner.

I call BS until you can cite an example of Democrats supporting the sorriest POS on earth.

2) Democrats could level the charge that Trump supporters have never read the Constitution. That is true. But, if the Dems understand the Constitution so well, how did they mistake a sentence, in a private letter, to constitute a legal principle (speaking of the separation of church and states which does not appear in any legal document our country was founded on)???

Are you advocating for the Church of Alabama or the Church of Nevada? If so, what benefits do you see arising from the establishment of state churches?

3) Democrats ultimately believe in mob rule or mobocracy or majority rule until they lose the vote. THEN they like to invoke the law. If 99 students pray before class and 1 objects, what happens to "democracy?

How is this a distinguishing mark of a Democrat? If 99 students don't pray before class and 1 objects, you can count on Rs making an issue of it.

4) Democrats believe that government, and only government can solve your problems. Then, again, to their credit, they got Donald Trump to assist in the brainwashing idea that might makes right and the government can do whatever it wants - unless it is something that the Dems want and then the Constitution works

Honestly, I think there's some truth here, although I'd add that in all my years of association with local government, BY FAR the majority of people willing to volunteer for community service are liberals/Democrats. As for might makes right, do you remember GW saying, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"? Do you remember American fries?

5) Democrats disavow every core principle upon which this country was founded. I used to believe that if ain't froke don't bix it. It is almost hilarious, however to see how the Dems trained the Republicans to give lip service to our core values and then trip all over themselves to pacify the left when the Republicans get shamed with some exaggerated version of the way things were and are.

What core principles? Where are they legally listed and empowered?
1) Bernie Sanders and Barack Obama

2) Not advocating for state churches

3) If that scenario ever plays out, let me know. Republicans won't leave their

4) I've said time and time again, the Dems have the RINOs eating out of their hands. Trump single handedly flipped the Republican Party and King George the Bush was evidence of that

5) The principle that each person is born with freedom from arbitrary or unjustified restraint.

A system of dual sovereignty. The people delegate certain powers to the national government, while the states and the people retain those powers not delegated.

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite." – James Madison, Federalist 45, 1788

The philosophy that the government only has those powers given to it in the Constitution and no more than that.

If a power is not listed, the government does not have it. If not specifically stated in the Constitution, it does not exist.

"The general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws: its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any." – James Madison, Federalist 14, 1787