If you are a Democrat, here are things I know about you

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Not to be argumentative, but I would love a modest decline in the U.S. population -- less sprawl, more beautiful green space, fewer traffic jams, etc., etc.

If we don't grow our population, big business will see to it more people are imported in.

Apr 2019
America
I don't like whataboutism. So, when I saw a thread about the 8 things the poster knows about you if you're a Trump supporter, I had to start a thread about the alternative. Let me say from the outset that many of the replies in that OP are true. I'm not a Trump supporter. But, these are some things I know about Dems...

1) Most Democrats are loyal to their Party, even if the sorriest POS on earth gets nominated to carry the banner. That wouldn't be so bad, but the Dems end up with a lot of inept people. You have to admit that people like Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Ocasio Cortez, and Beto O'Rourke are not the kind of people that could lead a country

2) Democrats could level the charge that Trump supporters have never read the Constitution. That is true. But, if the Dems understand the Constitution so well, how did they mistake a sentence, in a private letter, to constitute a legal principle (speaking of the separation of church and states which does not appear in any legal document our country was founded on)???

3) Democrats ultimately believe in mob rule or mobocracy or majority rule until they lose the vote. THEN they like to invoke the law. If 99 students pray before class and 1 objects, what happens to "democracy?

4) Democrats believe that government, and only government can solve your problems. Then, again, to their credit, they got Donald Trump to assist in the brainwashing idea that might makes right and the government can do whatever it wants - unless it is something that the Dems want and then the Constitution works

5) Democrats disavow every core principle upon which this country was founded. I used to believe that if ain't froke don't bix it. It is almost hilarious, however to see how the Dems trained the Republicans to give lip service to our core values and then trip all over themselves to pacify the left when the Republicans get shamed with some exaggerated version of the way things were and are.

As we approach the end of the Republic, it should be noted that Americans are living fewer years, are less affluent, enjoy fewer Liberties, have more people incarcerated than any nation on the globe, more people on mind altering drugs than any nation in the world and we depend on foreign countries for everything we own. MAGA was a silly proposition... we're going to pass more laws, create more restraints on the Constitution and that is going to make us great again. Silly me. I was advocating repealing laws until we got back to that point when America was truly great. That's what I know about the Democrats. The rest of what I know might be discussed later.
5) Democrats disavow every core principle upon which this country was founded.
Worth repeating. There could not be a more truthful statement. Great post.

Reactions: LTP
Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Yep the U.S. birth is still falling and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
*Fewer teens are having babies. Maybe we can chalk that up to....ooohhh....what's the term.....oh yeah: SEX EDUCATION. (That thingy that the RWingers hate.)
*Women are waiting LONGER to have those babes--and that's good. Mature, educated mothers are better moms. (Did I just use a derivative of the word "EDUCATE"..again?)
*Less mouths to feed so income goes further.
*Smaller classroom sizes in public school/daycare--always a plus.
* Less population--less peeps to screw up the climate.
What am I missing?
You've summed it up quite well. Much obliged. :)

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Worth repeating. There could not be a more truthful statement. Great post.
Perhaps you can translate it into a series of rational and thoughtful observations that are understandable by the average English speaker. Take any single sentence in the OP and explain what it means to you, for example, and substantiate your opinion in some fashion.

Apr 2019
America
Perhaps you can translate it into a series of rational and thoughtful observations that are understandable by the average English speaker. Take any single sentence in the OP and explain what it means to you, for example, and substantiate your opinion in some fashion.
Perhaps, you will have to settle for what I posted. Thanks.

Reactions: LTP

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
We’re sorry. The information that you have provided appears to be inaccurate, incomplete, erroneous, divisive, and / or repetitive.

Reactions: coldjoint

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin at the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

Democrats and liberals seem to be united in their rejection of that concept.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Perhaps, you will have to settle for what I posted. Thanks.
So, we can assume that you agree with something that you do not really understand, I suppose.
LTP does not seem to be able to discuss issues without spinning off into outer space. Perhaps that does not bother you.
However, I remain puzzled that you would agree with a post that really is confused and fragmented without any persuasive arguments.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
We’re sorry. The information that you have provided appears to be inaccurate, incomplete, erroneous, divisive, and / or repetitive.
All you need to do is post a segment, include some criticism, and explain your position with substantiation. That is the typical way to discuss an issue.

Reactions: Clara007

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
All you need to do is post a segment, include some criticism, and explain your position with substantiation. That is the typical way to discuss an issue.