if you repeat a lie over and over people will eventual believe it to be true

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
oNCE again i feel compelled to say this, over and over people here present anecdotes cherry picked examples that prove their point, or so they think anecdotes i must repeat dont prove a fucking thing

Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. When compared to other types of evidence, anecdotal evidence is generally regarded as limited in value due to a number of potential weaknesses, but may be considered within the scope of scientific method as some anecdotal evidence can be both empirical and verifiable, e.g. in the use of case studies in medicine. Other anecdotal evidence, however, does not qualify as scientific evidence, because its nature prevents it from being investigated by the scientific method.

Where only one or a few anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.[1][2] Similarly, psychologists have found that due to cognitive bias people are more likely to remember notable or unusual examples rather than typical examples.[3] Thus, even when accurate, anecdotal evidence is not necessarily representative of a typical experience. Accurate determination of whether an anecdote is typical requires statistical evidence.[4] Misuse of anecdotal evidence is an informal fallacy and is sometimes referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc.) which places undue weight on experiences of close peers which may not be typical.

The term is sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony which are uncorroborated by objective, independent evidence such as notarized documentation, photographs, audio-visual recordings, etc.

When used in advertising or promotion of a product, service, or idea, anecdotal reports are often called a testimonial, which are highly regulated[5] or banned in some[which?] jurisdictions.

Anecdotal evidence - Wikipedia

Jun 2018
Toronto
Billy, the guy with distinctively germanic name Joseph, died by committing suicide by poison after poisoning all his children. I'm not saying that all people who follow his advice will end up exactly like him, but certain caution is probably quite prudent.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Billy, the guy with distinctively germanic name Joseph, died by committing suicide by poison after poisoning all his children. I'm not saying that all people who follow his advice will end up exactly like him, but certain caution is probably quite prudent.
anecdotal evidence in the history of the german people that unfortunete mis hap lasted 12 to 13 years you cant condemn a whole race for 15 years of bad behavior by a small portion of the population granted what he did was ba but holding all germans resposible for nazism is the same sort of nonsesne as blaming the jewish race for communism, its all rubbish if you hold one group collectively guilty then you hold them all, all blacks are crack addicted gang bangers all southernors are in the ku klux klan , you know it unfair to do that,

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
As and atheist, I don’t believe anything happens to me after I die. And because of this, I have killed every person I have ever wanted to kill.

So far the tally is up to 0. But for some reason people constantly ask me why I don’t just go around killing people.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
As and atheist, I don’t believe anything happens to me after I die. And because of this, I have killed every person I have ever wanted to kill.

So far the tally is up to 0. But for some reason people constantly ask me why I don’t just go around killing people.
hitler was a devoted catholic till the day he died, stalin trained to be a greek monk for years before he became a communist, they leave that out

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
120 million people dead because no one had the guts to kill those three guys. Aren't people really gutless and stupid?
The fashionable attempt to equate communism and Nazism is in reality a moral and historical nonsense. Despite the cruelties of the Stalin terror, there was no Soviet Treblinka or Sobibor, no extermination camps built to murder millions. Nor did the Soviet Union launch the most devastating war in history at a cost of more than 50 million lives - in fact it played the decisive role in the defeat of the German war machine. Lindblad and the Council of Europe adopt as fact the wildest estimates of those "killed by communist regimes" (mostly in famines) from the fiercely contested Black Book of Communism, which also underplays the number of deaths attributable to Hitler. The real records of repression now available from the Soviet archives are horrific enough (799,455 people were recorded as executed between 1921 and 1953 and the labour camp population reached 2.5 million at its peak) without engaging in an ideologically-fuelled inflation game. The fashionable attempt to equate communism and Nazism is in reality a moral and historical nonsense. Despite the cruelties of the Stalin terror, there was no Soviet Treblinka or Sobibor, no extermination camps built to murder millions. Nor did the Soviet Union launch the most devastating war in history at a cost of more than 50 million lives - in fact it played the decisive role in the defeat of the German war machine. Lindblad and the Council of Europe adopt as fact the wildest estimates of those "killed by communist regimes" (mostly in famines) from the fiercely contested Black Book of Communism, which also underplays the number of deaths attributable to Hitler. The real records of repression now available from the Soviet archives are horrific enough (799,455 people were recorded as executed between 1921 and 1953 and the labour camp population reached 2.5 million at its peak) without engaging in an ideologically-fuelled inflation game.Communism may be dead, but clearly not dead enough | Columnists | guardian.co.uk