I'm an athiest

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
I do not believe in a god because I have not seen evidence to support the notion that one exists.
Making such a statement without defining god is rather silly, don't you think?

If you make the statement "God is real" you are making a claim and therefore have the burden of proof.
Not true. I believe that evolution is real yet I can't prove it. I believe it simply because I find it to be the best explanation of what I know. That is good enough for both evolution and God.

A belief in a god is a belief in something supernatural.
Not true, one can have a non-supernatural definition of God, as I do. I have no supernatural beliefs, but I believe in God and I follow the Old Testament.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Making such a statement without defining god is rather silly, don't you think?
Let me rephrase. I do not believe in any of the claims made about any gods.

Not true. I believe that evolution is real yet I can't prove it. I believe it simply because I find it to be the best explanation of what I know. That is good enough for both evolution and God.
Am I correct that the argument you're stating is "I have faith that god is true and I have faith that evolution is true. There's no difference." If that is the position you're making, it's inaccurate. Evolution is the tentative explanation for the diversity we see on the planet. Is it 100% accurate, no questions asked, no doubt, end of discussion? No. That is not what science tries to do. Evolution is the best possible explanation given the evidence that is available. And we know it's the best because the it is demonstrable and anyone can examine the claims it makes and verify their accuracy. If more evidence becomes available, the model will change. But if we had 1% of the evidence for a god as we do for evolution, we could have a discussion.

Not true, one can have a non-supernatural definition of God, as I do. I have no supernatural beliefs, but I believe in God and I follow the Old Testament.
If you believe a god is not supernatural, that would suggest that a god is natural. If a god is natural, it must be observable, testable, and verifiable. But because there's no way to observe a god, test for the existence of a god, or verify that a god exists, it's either supernatural or non-existent.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
How in the hell can a random interplay of matter and energy produce a mind with the ability to choose?
Take a few college classes in biology and your question will be answered.
And, of course, that doesn’t answer my question. Even if you were to disprove evolution that in no way brings you any closer to proving the existence of a god.