I'm not sure there's such a thing as an "inalienable right"

Jul 2018
Earth
Washington Yellowskins

Patriots who don't stand for the national anthem debase the name of their team. But jock-sissyboy treason has been going on for a long time; not one NFL player went to Vietnam or even on active duty.
Why should someone go to war and get wounded or killed for nothing that involves him unless he is forced to do so? What did those troops die in Vietnam for? They got zero benefit from it. Marriott did get a hotel.

Jul 2018
Earth
Am picking up this thought from another thread. Is there such a thing as an "inalienable right?" There is no shortage of legal prose dedicated to the subject, and from it most of us probably believe such rights exist. But what right cannot be taken away with a fully ratified amendment to the Constitution? Put aside the infinitesimal likelihood of the following happening, but why couldn't the entire Bill of Rights be repealed by a single amendment declaring it null and void?

One can thump their chest and say "they can take away the First Amendment, but that won't stop me saying what I want!" but I can't imagine that hubris will do much good while sitting in a jail cell awaiting a show trial on a charge of sedition.

No, there are no political rights that cannot be removed. We enjoy the rights that two-thirds of Congress and three fourths of the state legislatures give us.
Article II, Section 3, of the Colorado State Constitution addresses inalienable rights =

Text of Section 3:
Inalienable Rights

All persons have certain natural, essential and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness.[1]
Article II, Colorado Constitution - Ballotpedia

So does Article I, Section 1, of the Kansas Constitution =
Text of Section 1:
Equal Rights

All men are possessed of equal and inalienable natural rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.[1]
Bill of Rights, Kansas Constitution - Ballotpedia