Impassioned AOC, fellow Democrats zero in on Trump's practice of separating families at border

May 2018
Chicago
I have no words. This is vile and disgusting. This is not who we are as a country.

"Mr. Homan, I’m a father, do you have children?" Garcia asked. "How can you possibly allow this to happen under your watch? Do you not care? Is it because these children don’t look like children that are around you? I don’t get it."
Homan pushed back and defended his integrity, saying he had served his country for 34 years.

"What I’ve been doing in my 34 years serving my nation is to save lives. So, for you to sit there and insult my integrity and my love of my country and for children, that’s why this whole thing needs to be fixed," Homan said.
Earlier at Friday's hearing, Ocasio-Cortez. a New York Democrat, gave defiant, emotional testimony about her time spent at the border, in which she insisted a woman being held at a border facility told her a guard had told the woman to drink from a toilet after the connected sink broke.

“I believed them. I believed these women," Ocasio-Cortez said, despite President Donald Trump telling reporters at the White House at about the same time Friday that she had lied. Ocasio-Cortez asked to be sworn in, which wasn't required, testifying under threat of perjury if she didn't speak the truth.

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection official who spoke under the condition of anonymity previously confirmed that the sink attached to the top of the toilet at the Homestead, Florida, facility had been broken, but that large jugs of water were nearby.

Ocasio-Cortez went on to call the crisis at the border "manufactured," saying that "the cruelty is manufactured" and that "there's no need for us to do this."

"There is no need for us to overcrowd and to detain and under resource," she said.

She said that in many she respects she agrees the conditions at the border aren’t the fault of CBP.

“It is a policy of dehumanization implemented by this executive administration laid at the feet of Step
hen Miller that creates a tinderbox of violence and dehumanization where hurt people hurt people,” she said, referring to the president's hard-line adviser on immigration policy.
Ocasio-Cortez also got emotional when noting that there were American flags all over the facilities.
“That women were being called these names under an American flag," she said. "We cannot allow for this.”

Tlaib, a Democratic congresswoman from Michigan, who visited the same Homstead border detention facility, broke into tears after saying that the Trump administration is sending a "hate-filled message that those seeking refuge are not welcome in America.

“Last month, when I was in Clint, children reported to me that officers had pushed children who needed to use the bathroom and prevented them from using the toilet when they needed to. Three children reported to me that a child had been grabbed by the back of his neck and had been pulled out of his cage. Other children consistently reported that guard yelled at them and that the children were terrified and that they were so terrified of the guards that they couldn’t even bring themselves to ask for more food. Now, that said, I also heard about one guard who was kind with the children and who gave the little ones an extra chocolate pudding when he was able to.”

“In Clint, we talked to a girl who was in a cell with about 20 other girls, 10 to 20 other girls. They were very young and the nurse would bring in two lice combs so that all the girls could share the lice combs – which is exactly the opposite of what you’re supposed to do when you have lice. And sometime later a guard came back to get those two lice combs back. One of the lice combs was missing. In retaliation as punishment for losing a lice comb, every mat and blanket was taken out of that room and the girls had sleep on the cement floor,” she testified.
Seriously? WTF is wrong with you Trump supporters? There is a room in hell for all of you. And you better be damn glad I'm not the Devil.

Last edited:
Jul 2018
Earth
I have no words. This is vile and disgusting. This is not who we are as a country.

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you Trump supporters? There is a room in hell for all of you. And you better be damn glad I'm not the Devil.
Why are you having such a hard time understanding that people don't want their country invaded by illegal aliens? I can see a point where drastic measures will have to be taken to get the situation under control. It won't be nice and more than feelings will be hurt.

As I said before, the government knows exactly who is behind this invasion. There will come a time when the crap will hit the fan.

Dec 2012
California

When was the last time you heard of a legal citizen being arrested with children in hand and allowed to take their children to lockup with them? Is there a double-standard here your trying to push?

Dec 2012
California

Anyone that would support illegal alien parasites over their own fellow legal citizens is not worth listening to. As far as I'm concern they're no better than pond-scum!!

Sep 2018
KC, MO
Just Trying To Find Out If They Are Families
And Not Temporary Rent-A-Kids, Or Kid-Naps

Mexico Is A Narco-State
And Cartels Run The Border Areas
Have For A Long Time