Impeach now: It's time for Democrats to fight, or surrender. History will judge them

Mar 2019
Texas
Yet the Democratic Party's leaders, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, have now signaled that they are open to working with Trump's regime on a $2 trillion infrastructure package. If the Democrats actually believe their own arguments against Trump, they should be doing everything within their power to stop him. Moreover, they should refuse to cooperate with Trump and the Republican Party on any legislation. To do so only gives Trump legitimacy, which in turn empowers him even more. Unfortunately, it would seem that Democratic leaders are only too willing to help America's Mussolini keep the trains running on time.
Most important, impeaching Donald Trump is the moral and ethical thing to do. Trump is a living, textbook example of why the framers enshrined in the U.S. Constitution the power of Congress to remove an unfit president from office. As House Judiciary Committee chair Jerry Nadler said yesterday, "The choice is simple: We can stand up to this president in defense of the country and the Constitution and the liberty we love, or we can let the moment pass us by. ... History will judge us for how we face this challenge."
salon

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. It is time.

Mar 2019
Texas
WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi does not believe President Trump can be removed through impeachment — the only way to do it, she said this week, is to defeat him in 2020 by a margin so “big” he cannot challenge the legitimacy of a Democratic victory.

That is something she worries about.

“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” Ms. Pelosi said during an interview at the Capitol on Wednesday as she discussed her concern that Mr. Trump would not give up power voluntarily if he lost re-election by a slim margin next year.

Sitting in her office with its panoramic view of the National Mall, Ms. Pelosi — the de facto head of the Democratic Party until a presidential nominee is selected in 2020 — offered Democrats her “coldblooded” plan for decisively ridding themselves of Mr. Trump: Do not get dragged into a protracted impeachment bid that will ultimately get crushed in the Republican-controlled Senate, and do not risk alienating the moderate voters who flocked to the party in 2018 by drifting too far to the left.

“Own the center left, own the mainstream,” Ms. Pelosi, 79, said.

“Our passions were for health care, bigger paychecks, cleaner government — a simple message,” Ms. Pelosi said of the 40-seat Democratic pickup last year that resulted in her second ascent to the speakership. “We did not engage in some of the other exuberances that exist in our party” — a reference to some of the most ambitious plans advocated by the left wing of her party and some 2020 candidates, including “Medicare for all” and the Green New Deal, which she has declined to support.
nytimes

This old bag has sold out. The only reason people voted democrat that were on the fence in 2018 was so that the democrats could flex their muscles a bit and seek justice. She is leading the party toward capitulation and voters will reject failure to try. Even an attempt at impeachment would be a boost for democrats and pelousy know this.

Mar 2019
Texas
It looks very much like chuck and nancy are compromised.

WTF happened to chuck anyhow? He is not at all acting like himself and nancy just goes along with whatever trump does.

Blackmail

May 2018
USA
It looks very much like chuck and nancy are compromised.

WTF happened to chuck anyhow? He is not at all acting like himself and nancy just goes along with whatever trump does.

Blackmail
I think Shumer and Nancy are worried about "blowback" from an impeachment attempt, like the blowback the GOP experienced in their congressional races after impeaching Bill Clinton. What Chuck and Nancy aren't considering is this: the impeachment of Clinton was a sham, just an attempt to smear his name/character. Impeached over lying about a blowjob? Trump, on the other hand, is a criminal and wildly corrupt. Most of the American people believe Trump is a crook. I think impeachment proceedings against Trump won't result in much blowback at all.

Mar 2019
Texas
I think Shumer and Nancy are worried about "blowback" from an impeachment attempt, like the blowback the GOP experienced in their congressional races after impeaching Bill Clinton. What Chuck and Nancy aren't considering is this: the impeachment of Clinton was a sham, just an attempt to smear his name/character. Impeached over lying about a blowjob? Trump, on the other hand, is a criminal and wildly corrupt. Most of the American people believe Trump is a crook. I think impeachment proceedings against Trump won't result in much blowback at all.
You are correct mostly. i do not think dems will have any talking points for 2020 if they do not act for justice now that they have the power to.

The republicans did not really suffer from calling out clinton and if anything they gained in the long run.

Chuck is not the same guy that he was last year or the year before. He has never been this silent on issues and nancy is clear that she has sold out or is being blackmailed.

I think most of this started with rosenstien.

I am not really a fan but more so now of harris and she seems to be on the right track getting them to look at if potus has directed investigations of opponents.

The way i see it is that putin has dirt on potus and potus has dirt on many democrats. that is my conspiracy talk for the day but it seems true by actions.

May 2018
USA
Putin certainly has dirt on Trump, that much is certain. I've never seen any American President kowtow and kiss Russian butt like Trump has. Utterly servile to Putin, it's disgusting to see a person that weak.

Mar 2019
Texas
Stuff like this shows that people are sold out or are being pressured to turn their backs. This guy has told them he has 14000000 files that show wrong doing and that explicitly shows that potus told him in a text to lie to congress and they will not even look at the information.

America has been hoodwinked and bamboozled. There is no proper answer for this and cohen just needs to publish the info and get the ball rolling. There is no excuse for prosecutors not viewing the info. if they do not want to deal with him they still could get the info by warrant but they just ignore it. WHY?

Michael Cohen meeting rejected by federal prosecutors as prison ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/.../michael-cohen-meeting-rejected-federal-prosecu...

6 hours ago - Federal prosecutors refuse final meeting with Michael Cohen as prison ... Michael Cohen, Donald Trump's former personal attorney, leaves his ...

Since mid-March, prosecutors in New York have rebuffed Cohen’s repeated offers to provide more information about alleged wrongdoing by Trump and other people in his orbit, Cohen’s attorney Lanny Davis told The Associated Press on Friday.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
The fact is the Senate is full of Trump fluffers. No matter how conclusive the proof of Trump's criminality, they will not get the votes necessary to impeach, and that failure will just energize him and his supporters.

That is why they don't want to impeach.

The Dem candidates are all saying "impeach now" because that is what their base wants to hear, but Pelosi has too much cunning to actually do it.

Feb 2019
here and there
The democrats have spent all their time saying how Trump sold out to Putin. In other words, Trump has sold out the US to an enemy of the US and is a security threat, but they are too worried about the political blowback from trying to impeach him?

Very telling. If they really believe this crap, then the are the ones willing to sell out the US to Putin so they can get their sorry butts reelected.

The only other possibility is that the whole sham was a coup attempt.

Either way, all the democrats unwilling to impeach Trump must go.