Impeachment: Trump's son tweets name of alleged whistleblower

Dec 2015
Arizona
Talk about a shit-eating grin.
TRUMP JR. DEFENDS CALLING OUT SUSPECTED WHISTLEBLOWER: 'I'M A PRIVATE CITIZEN PUTTING THIS OUT THERE'
In an appearance on The View, Donald Trump Jr. stood by his decision to release what he alleges was the name of the whistleblower who triggered the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.​
...During his appearance, Trump was immediately confronted by host Abby Huntsman, who told Trump, "The whole point of releasing a name is to intimidate someone, to threaten someone, and to scare other people from coming out." She added, "That's something that dictators do." Before asking Trump why he released the name, she mentioned, "I've seen that firsthand, that's not what America does. We stand by our people."​
Trump responded, "The whistleblower's name was on a little website called The Drudge Report a couple of days ago." Trump tweeted an article from conservative news site Breitbart on Wednesday that contained the alleged name of the whistleblower, who has chosen to remain anonymous during the impeachment inquiry, in the headline.​
After telling the panel that the information was already out there, he tried to deflect by saying, "I wish the outrage would be equal." He also said, "There was no outrage when my family got an exploding letter with white powder substance in it." He said, "It's not a level playing field, in terms of outrage."​
Joy Behar countered Trump's assertion: "He asked to be anonymous; your family did not."​
Trump responded: "For days, he's been out there in the media." Host Sunny Hostin responded, "It's different when the president's son does it," which led Trump to assert his status as a private citizen.​

More: Trump Jr. defends calling out suspected whistleblower, says, "I'm a private citizen putting this out there"
Looks like we've got another J for Genius.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Dec 2012
California
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Fiona Hill testified she's received death threats, including people physically coming to her home. As has Vindman.

Since the whistleblower's complaint has been confirmed by witness after witness after witness, I'd argue his identity is irrelevant.

However, releasing his name potentially puts his life at risk. It's that simple.

Dec 2012
California
Fiona Hill testified she's received death threats, including people physically coming to her home. As has Vindman.

Since the whistleblower's complaint has been confirmed by witness after witness after witness, I'd argue his identity is irrelevant.

However, releasing his name potentially puts his life at risk. It's that simple.
In the overall picture, he is very valuable. Was his actions partisan? Was he parroting talking points provided by the Democrats, etc., his position, and how he arrived there is of utmost importance. All should be subject to questioning.

Nov 2005
California
Actually, no value since he/she was working on secondhand knowledge.
Then why did Trump Jr out an alleged whistleblower and put his life in danger?
Or did I just answer my question...

In the overall picture, he is very valuable. Was his actions partisan? Was he parroting talking points provided by the Democrats, etc., his position, and how he arrived there is of utmost importance. All should be subject to questioning.
That is irrelevant and your obvious attempt at distraction.
A case has been built INDEPENDENT of the whistleblower's statement.

Again, LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE.

Gordon Sondland:
"I now recall speaking individually with (ZELENSKY AIDE) Mr. Yermak, where I said the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks..."

Jul 2019
Georgia
the whistleblower could be Joe Frickin Biden himself and it wouldn't make any difference in the world, since the complaint has been corroborated 10-fold by several other witnesses. even dotard corroborated the account.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Let's say he was partisan.
Let's say he was using D talking points.
Let's say he was biased AF and that lead him to filing the WB complaint.

It doesn't change the fact that 9 witnesses have testified with amazing consistency that Trump held up congressionaly approved military aid to get a dirt on a political opponent.