"Incels"

Oct 2019
USA
Not sure what the appropriate term for them is, but apparently there's a trend of disgruntled men, often younger men on social media, who think they are "entitled" to sex, or "blame women" because they aren't able to get a partner. The demographic could vary a lot, however, some of them seemed deeply mentally disturbed, akin to John Hinkley Jr.

I'm curious what the solution is to people like that - on some level, I suppose idiots or creeps thinking they're "entitled" to sex (e.x. for being a "fake nice guy" or whatever) has always been around, sadly.

If they're completely disgusted with women (or vice versa, in the case of "radical feminists"), then my take is that it would be better for them to invest their time in obsessing in an unhealthy way over the opposite sex. (I've found it sad that some people apparently spend their entire lives in sexual resentment over slights by men or women).

Some philosophers such as Epicurus even suggest that people, or at least some people, might be better off not getting married and finding other interests instead.

As far as potential social causes, I'm not sure - perhaps in some cases, broken families or absent fathers play a role, but I don't want to go full "Sigmund Freud" here.

Jul 2019
Georgia
learned about these guys after a INCEL murdered some girl he met in a chat room
I think one of the recent mass shooters was an INCEL too, but can't remember which one

INCEL = "Involuntary celibate"
In other words, can't get laid, and basically hate their lives and hang out on 4 chan (or 8 chan or whatever it is) with other INCELs about how they hate humans because their life is terrible

most of them are trumpers, because of course they are (terrible people love terrible people)

All that aside, I don't understand how someone can't get laid this day in age though. It's easy as hell. They're just too lazy to try.

Oct 2019
USA
learned about these guys after a INCEL murdered some girl he met in a chat room
I think one of the recent mass shooters was an INCEL too, but can't remember which one

INCEL = "Involuntary celibate"
In other words, can't get laid, and basically hate their lives and hang out on 4 chan (or 8 chan or whatever it is) with other INCELs about how they hate humans because their life is terrible

most of them are trumpers, because of course they are (terrible people love terrible people)

All that aside, I don't understand how someone can't get laid this day in age though. It's easy as hell. They're just too lazy to try.
Agreed, a hairy obese male could easily find a hairy obese female partner.

Problem is an "incel" is the type of guy who thinks he's entitled to date Taylor Swift while beating off in his mom's basement just because he's "nice" or something (then when the girl rejects him, she learns how "nice" he really is...)

What do they think Trump is going to do for them? I don't think he could care less about their sex lives (or lack thereof).

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Not sure what the appropriate term for them is, but apparently there's a trend of disgruntled men, often younger men on social media, who think they are "entitled" to sex, or "blame women" because they aren't able to get a partner. The demographic could vary a lot, however, some of them seemed deeply mentally disturbed, akin to John Hinkley Jr.

I'm curious what the solution is to people like that - on some level, I suppose idiots or creeps thinking they're "entitled" to sex (e.x. for being a "fake nice guy" or whatever) has always been around, sadly.

If they're completely disgusted with women (or vice versa, in the case of "radical feminists"), then my take is that it would be better for them to invest their time in obsessing in an unhealthy way over the opposite sex. (I've found it sad that some people apparently spend their entire lives in sexual resentment over slights by men or women).

Some philosophers such as Epicurus even suggest that people, or at least some people, might be better off not getting married and finding other interests instead.

As far as potential social causes, I'm not sure - perhaps in some cases, broken families or absent fathers play a role, but I don't want to go full "Sigmund Freud" here.
Makes me think of Bagel Boss. He hates women because he is short and he has insecurities

I don't really know if this is a new phenomenon, I think there has always been a lot of men have always had issues with women not wanting to have sex with them.

BAck in the day if a man was turned down, he'd just rape the woman and get away with it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that it wasn't considered rape if a husband rapes his wife, because they are married. Pretty sad.

Oct 2019
USA
Makes me think of Bagel Boss. He hates women because he is short and he has insecurities

I don't really know if this is a new phenomenon, I think there has always been a lot of men have always had issues with women not wanting to have sex with them.

BAck in the day if a man was turned down, he'd just rape the woman and get away with it. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that it wasn't considered rape if a husband rapes his wife, because they are married. Pretty sad.
I'm not sure I believe that.

Even if you use the Old Testament as a reference, there are plenty of instances of blood feuds being started over someone's daughter or sister allegedly being raped - I don't believe any civilization worth its while has ever had a very high opinion of rape or rapists, from an evolutionary perspective, they're also at the absolute bottom of the "pecking order"

(e.x. any "alpha" male wouldn't have a hard time attracting attention from multiple women, while the lowest of the low would be so repulsive that they'd have to resort to rape just to reproduce - I read this in a book on evolutionary psychology).

Jul 2019
Georgia
maybe finding common ground with other losers on the internet is a good thing?
so they're not taking out their sexual frustrations on the real world?

but then again those 4/8chan chatrooms are pretty vile and nasty, and some of them are taking it to the reals.

edit: it's not a good thing scratch all that. people who can't get laid don't need to be working together to plot their revenge on normal people who know how to get some

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I'm not sure I believe that.

Even if you use the Old Testament as a reference, there are plenty of instances of blood feuds being started over someone's daughter or sister allegedly being raped - I don't believe any civilization worth its while has ever had a very high opinion of rape or rapists, from an evolutionary perspective, they're also at the absolute bottom of the "pecking order"

(e.x. any "alpha" male wouldn't have a hard time attracting attention from multiple women, while the lowest of the low would be so repulsive that they'd have to resort to rape just to reproduce - I read this in a book on evolutionary psychology).
There are exceptions to everything. That may be the case in particular examples, but I think it was more common the woman treated badly. The norm in history was women were treated like property. And there are examples as well of the family being shamed and shunning the woman for being a victim of rape

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
BTW, what's your opinion on "voluntary celibacy", such as in the case of monks or nuns?
I think it is terrible and a bad idea. I think sexual repression is not good, it leads to people acting out. I think a big reason why Catholic priests may be more prone to pedophilia than other sects (have no idea if that is statistically true, so don't hold me to that) is because they have to take a vow of celibacy. And for some humans, who has animal instinct to have sex, this is problematic and they may snap if they don't get it.