Initial US analysis shows Iran likely behind attack on Saudi oil tankers

Feb 2007
USA
I don't think that all Jews are Zionists. There are a great number of Leftist Jews who hate Zionists.

So let me rephrase, do you think that the Zionists were behind 9/11 and did the Holocaust happen, which was the catalyst for giving Jews their country?
And who exactly "gave Jews their country?"

Let me guess, you still believe your quite historically inaccurate belief that the UN "gave" Israel to the Jews of the Mandate?

Feb 2007
USA
I am sick and tired of those who declare legitimate criticism of Zionists as anti-semitism, and those who equate Zionism as Judaism.
I'd go even further and say that the notion that anyone who criticizes Israel's actions as a state as being antisemitic is rather pathetic, regardless if those actions are supported or not supported by Zionists.

Moreover, there have numerous instances in American history whereby politicians from across the political spectrum have been critical of Israel's actions as a state. And yet, do they all get labeled as being antisemitic? Typically, it seems, what matters in those cases is what letter, (R) or (D), follows their name.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

Feb 2007
USA
Trump's tough guy act fell through with Kimmy, so now it's time to move on to the perennial boogieman.

Is anybody buying this?

Initial US analysis shows Iran likely behind attack on Saudi oil tankers
A preliminary U.S. assessment indicates Iran was likely behind the attack that caused "significant damage" to two Saudi oil tankers on Sunday, according to a new report.​
A U.S. official told the Wall Street Journal that the early findings in the ongoing analysis show Iran was likely behind the attack that occurred near the Persian Gulf as the two vessels were attempting to head into the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz.​
Saudi energy minister Khalid al-Falih announced the vessels were attacked on Sunday along with at least two other oil-industry vessels. He also said that one of the ships was traveling to a Saudi port in the Persian Gulf to load oil that would head to the U.S.​
...The incident coincides with the Trump administration’s decision to send the USS Abraham Lincoln, B-52 bombers, and a Patriot antimissile battery to the region in response to a "credible threat" from Iran.​

More on this bullshit: Initial US analysis shows Iran likely behind attack on Saudi oil tankers
While I guess I could be considered by some here to be a bit hawkish in my ways, particularly since I did support and still support the decision to invade Iraq in 2003*, I think this whole approach to how to deal with Iran under the Trump administration is rather unconstructive.

Indeed, the administration should have stuck with being a part of the nuclear deal, yet apply sanctions on Iran over other issues, particularly such as in an effort to force Iran to help find a peaceful settlement for the ongoing civil war in Yemen...among other issues.

But no, now we are kowtowing heavily to the Saudis...which will only act to add more fuel to the fire, so to speak.

And Bolton, he is a fucking loon if he thinks the US will foster regime chance in Iran by taking a hardline, militaristic approach to Iran. Historically, that approach hasn't worked in the past...regardless of what regime the Iranians/Persians have lived under. And today's clerical regime will have plenty of reasons to offer to the Iranian public as to why they should circle their wagons together, further cementing them together.

(*While I agree with the decision to go into Iraq in 2003, I think that decision was badly sold to the American public and I think it was carried out quite poorly.)

Mar 2019
Texas
Where did you hear that? Link?
NOPE

It is total rumor and speculation.

Notice the location of the damage and the way the damage is done. It does not look real. One huge thing standing out is they did not even research similar explosion patterns and it looks more like an area that was impacted by something rather than explosion.

Oct 2010
Colorado
A been-here-before, sinking feeling in the gut..... Our allies saying chill, while high-placed neocons keep ramping it up.

On top of that, we have plenty of issues requiring attention in our own hemisphere. Of course, none of those involve aircraft carriers, bombs, or the Saudis.

State Department orders non-emergency employees
to leave Iraq amid Iran tensions
The State Department ordered Wednesday the departure of non-emergency US government employees from Iraq amid increasing tensions with Iran and warned US citizens not to travel to the country, citing a "high risk for violence and kidnapping."​
The announcement comes on the heels of an unannounced trip to Iraq by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo where he said he spoke to officials about he country's ability to protect Americans. The action also represents the latest maneuvering by the Trump administration in the Middle East, where the Pentagon has recently positioned a carrier strike group and a bomber task force.​
..."US Central Command, in coordination with Operation Inherent Resolve, has increased the force posture level for all service members assigned to OIR in Iraq and Syria. As a result, OIR is now at a high level of alert as we continue to closely monitor credible and possibly imminent threats to US forces in Iraq," US Navy Capt. Bill Urban, a spokesman for Central Command, said in a statement Tuesday.​
Urban's statement also pushed back against comments made earlier Tuesday by the deputy commander of the US-led military coalition against ISIS, UK Major Gen. Chris Ghika, who said "there has been no increased threat from Iranian backed forces in Iraq and Syria."​

More: US State Department orders non-emergency employees to leave Iraq amid Iran tensions - CNNPolitics

May 2019
USA
I am hearing claims that the damage was photo shopped and the ships are fine.
Does not appear photo shopped to me. Also, that is a Norwegian flagged ship. Although Norway has lowered its standards on a registration class of their flagged vessels to allow foreign crews, I believe, and I might be wrong, that they are required to have Norwegian officers. I have not seen anything on the other vessels. I have not looked very hard either

Mar 2019
Texas
Does not appear photo shopped to me. Also, that is a Norwegian flagged ship. Although Norway has lowered its standards on a registration class of their flagged vessels to allow foreign crews, I believe, and I might be wrong, that they are required to have Norwegian officers. I have not seen anything on the other vessels. I have not looked very hard either

It would not appear photo shopped to most if it is.

Does it look like an explosion took place?

What is up with the discoloration on the bottom of the shiny portions of the damages metal?

Where is the second damaged vessel?

Oct 2010
Colorado

Under this headline:

Saudi Arabia Claims Oil Tankers Hit
by ‘Sabotage Attacks’ as Gulf Tensions Soar

I found this picture:

Looks serious. This was the pic's caption:

The Liberian-flagged oil tanker MV Sirius Star is at anchor Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2008 off the coast of Somalia. The Saudi-owned very large crude carrier was hijacked by Somali pirates Nov. 15, 2008, about 450 nautical miles off the coast of Kenya. (Photo: U.S. Navy)

This is what we're dealing with. This is 2002 all over again. Onward Christian soldiers.......