Inner city and black on black homicide

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Why so extreme? Why not use the welfare system to offset the cost of concealed and carry like we do with everything from free lawyers to food?

Why? You just implied NO ONE should need a CCL in the first place.
Free lawyers? You don't have to be black to have a PD represent you in court.

May 2019
USA
Why? You just implied NO ONE should need a CCL in the first place.
Free lawyers? You don't have to be black to have a PD represent you in court.
I never implied any such thing. I questioned the cost of it. I do believe that a right is not something the government should sell to you. Its one thing to have to pay for a permit to protest in a park for instance. Your not paying for your speech, you are paying for a provided venue. Its another to be compelled to pay the state a fee to exercise your right. I am not opposed to background checks, or even some reasonable training. I just think its a right and the cost of that right should be bore by all the people.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I never implied any such thing. I questioned the cost of it. I do believe that a right is not something the government should sell to you. Its one thing to have to pay for a permit to protest in a park for instance. Your not paying for your speech, you are paying for a provided venue. Its another to be compelled to pay the state a fee to exercise your right. I am not opposed to background checks, or even some reasonable training. I just think its a right and the cost of that right should be bore by all the people.
No? Then why all the comments about not needing to pay a fee to exercise 1st or 5th Amendent rights?
Excedssive cost is just your personal opinion, purely subjective.
Who's going to pay for your background checks?

May 2019
USA
No? Then why all the comments about not needing to pay a fee to exercise 1st or 5th Amendent rights?
Excedssive cost is just your personal opinion, purely subjective.
Who's going to pay for your background checks?
The same people who pay for food stamps, public defenders and public housing.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Yet if we talk about a 10 dollar voter id, omg, were destroying the poor peoples way to vote! Like I said, its all part of the plan
that would qualify as a poll tax,

please visit the 24th amendment of the US Constitution for further details

Reactions: walkaway
May 2019
USA
that would qualify as a poll tax,

please visit the 24th amendment of the US Constitution for further details
That is a good point. Guess it would have to be a free voter ID like some states have passed.
See Crawford vs Marion County Indiana Election Board

Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, 553 U.S. 181, was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held that an Indiana law requiring voters to provide photographic identification did not violate the United States Constitution.
Crawford v. Marion County Election Board - Wikipedia

Reactions: se7en
May 2019
USA
Everyone please stay on topic, including myself because if not bad life altering things can happen lol

May 2018
Chicago
If you're truly interested in what's actually going in Chicago to address these issues, I'll refer you to these links:

City of Chicago’s Youth Violence Prevention Plan | Youth.gov

What We Do - BUILD, Inc.

Program Types - Get IN Chicago

I would encourage you to get involved in at least one of these initiatives if you are truly concerned about inner city violence.

I am personally involved with this:

ICE | Inner-City Education Program

I do what I can. I would encourage you to do the same, if you are indeed truly concerned about this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en