Intelligence Community Veto

Apr 2019
America
Taibbi: Impeaching Trump Would Establish ‘Intelligence Community Veto over Elections’
Of all people a "Rolling Stone" editor.
Rolling Stone
contributing editor Matt Taibbi reframes the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry — and its latest development in the arrest of two associates of Rudy Giuliani — as a “permanent coup” against President Trump playing out more slowly than coups he has experienced firsthand in other nations.
Taibbi’s article comes after he criticized corporate media’s framing of the Deep Stater as a non-partisan “whistleblower,” despite being a registered Democrat who worked with former Vice President Joe Biden in the White House
Why Obama: Voting Fraud Not a 'Real Problem,' Nobody Votes Using Somebody Else's Name | Breitbart The Democrats wish to nullify it. I do not see the Intel agencies doing anything but helping.

Dec 2016
Canada
Of all people a "Rolling Stone" editor.

Why Obama: Voting Fraud Not a 'Real Problem,' Nobody Votes Using Somebody Else's Name | Breitbart The Democrats wish to nullify it. I do not see the Intel agencies doing anything but helping.
I don't think Matt Taibbi is an editor at Rolling Stone. Pretty sure he's just a contributing journalist.
Regardless, it's about time somebody gets the message across to a US audience that embedded CIA agents aren't whistleblowers, unless they are revealing dangerous practices of their own workplaces. Real whistleblowers...like former CIA agent- John Kiriakou end up with long prison sentences for revealing to a reporter that the CIA has been engaged in secret detention and torture programs....all illegal according to applicable laws, yet like Bradley Manning, James Sterling, Thomas Drake and many other agents, those committing the crimes aren't prosecuted....just the ones who alerted the public!

What these supposed 'whistleblowers' are is a misappropriation of the term! If they were real whistleblowers, nobody on CNN would be celebrating them or calling them heroes!

Apr 2019
America
I don't think Matt Taibbi is an editor at Rolling Stone. Pretty sure he's just a contributing journalist.
Regardless, it's about time somebody gets the message across to a US audience that embedded CIA agents aren't whistleblowers, unless they are revealing dangerous practices of their own workplaces. Real whistleblowers...like former CIA agent- John Kiriakou end up with long prison sentences for revealing to a reporter that the CIA has been engaged in secret detention and torture programs....all illegal according to applicable laws, yet like Bradley Manning, James Sterling, Thomas Drake and many other agents, those committing the crimes aren't prosecuted....just the ones who alerted the public!

What these supposed 'whistleblowers' are is a misappropriation of the term! If they were real whistleblowers, nobody on CNN would be celebrating them or calling them heroes!
contributing editor Matt Taibbi
From my post, I went that information. I agree with much of what you said there. Double standards of the Intelligence community, I guess.