Internal Mueller documents show Trump campaign chief pushed unproven theory Ukraine hacked Democrats

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Unproven, and untrue, but it's becoming ever more clear that Trump was covering Putin's ass before he was elected.

Internal Mueller documents
show Trump campaign chief pushed unproven theory
Ukraine hacked Democrats
President Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, suggested as early as the summer of 2016 that Ukrainians might have been responsible for hacking the Democratic National Committee during the presidential campaign rather than Russians, a key witness told federal investigators last year.​
Newly released documents show that Manafort’s protege, deputy campaign manager Rick Gates, told the FBI of Manafort’s theory during interviews conducted as part of former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign. Gates told the FBI that Manafort had shared his theory of Ukrainian culpability with him and other campaign aides before the election.​
The new information shows how early people in Trump’s orbit were pushing the unsubstantiated theory about Ukraine’s role. And it illustrates a link between Mueller’s investigation, which concluded in March, and the current House impeachment investigation of Trump. The president had pushed Ukrainians to open a probe into whether their country interfered in the election — an assertion his allies have made in an effort to discredit Mueller’s findings about Russia’s role.​
The documents were released in response to lawsuits filed by BuzzFeed and CNN seeking documents related to Mueller’s investigation. BuzzFeed on Saturday published the first installment of internal Mueller records, released by the Justice Department to the news organization in response to a court order.​
They include heavily redacted summaries of interviews the FBI conducted during the investigation with Gates, as well as with former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and former senior adviser Stephen K. Bannon, along with other documents.​
The documents show that Gates told the FBI that Trump adviser Michael Flynn had been “adamant” that the Russians were not responsible for the hacking.​

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I suspect that just by pulling on a single thread the entire fabric of this Presidency will unravel. The determining issue will be if Trump has been able to neutralize the FBI sufficiently to protect himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: intangible child
Jul 2019
Georgia
sorry I just started a thread before I saw this one on the 302's that came out, ignore that one

the trump campaign was eyeballs deep in this mess. which is laid out in the Mueller report, but there was nothing Mueller could do

Erik Prince (DeVos's brother) to Bannon admitting how deep in this Russian meddling doo-doo they were

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
sorry I just started a thread before I saw this one on the 302's that came out, ignore that one

the trump campaign was eyeballs deep in this mess. which is laid out in the Mueller report, but there was nothing Mueller could do

Erik Prince (DeVos's brother) to Bannon admitting how deep in this Russian meddling doo-doo they were

Thanks for going so deep.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Thanks for going so deep.
that one just piqued my interest, mostly because Prince lied his ass off about the Seychelles meeting, and is probably number 6 on my list of crooked crooks who tried to sell out my country to the highest bidder

there's more, much more

like the fact that Manafort was still advising the trump campaign in November 2016, several months after they "fired" him for being a Ukrainian election-meddling low-level coffee procurer

Steve Bannon advised Kushner days before election to avoid Paul Manafort 'like the plague'

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
that one just piqued my interest, mostly because Prince lied his ass off about the Seychelles meeting, and is probably number 6 on my list of crooked crooks who tried to sell out my country to the highest bidder

there's more, much more

like the fact that Manafort was still advising the trump campaign in November 2016, several months after they "fired" him for being a Ukrainian election-meddling low-level coffee procurer

Steve Bannon advised Kushner days before election to avoid Paul Manafort 'like the plague'
What a hall of infamy: Bannon, Manafort, Kushner.

Reactions: se7en and Clara007
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

If Trump had put this statement out we would have known immediately that he didn’t write it. Two many three and four syllable words and the word GREAT is not used once.

Dec 2015
Arizona
There are several theories surrounding Putin's hold over Trump but there also facts to consider. Since Trump took office he has had at least 16 phone conversations with Vladdy. We also know that Trump has had private conversations with other Russian officials. We know that after Trump's meeting with Putin (G-20) (2 hours long) Trump took the unusual step of taking notes from his own interpreter after the meeting and instructing the employee not to discuss the details of the meeting. We know that in other meetings Trump insisted NO American interpreter be allowed to attend.
We know that Trump has repeatedly defended Putin and even went so far as to "believe" Putin over our intelligence agencies because Putin made an “extremely strong and powerful” denial.
We know that Trump (and Putin) have JOKED about Russia's interference in our 2016 election.
We know that Flynn, Gates and Manafort are liars of the highest degree, but can't compare to our sitting president.

So here are my questions: Who benefits from all this? Who benefits from withdrawing troops from Syria? Who benefits from Trump accusing our intel agencies of treason? Who benefits from Trump's insults to our allies? Who benefits from canceling the Iran deal? Who benefits from threatening NATO? UN? Who benefits from our government's chaos? This illegitimate president? AND who benefits from changing the GOP platform concerning Ukraine? Putin.