Iraqis cheer -- and fear -- U.S. pullout from cities

Aug 2006
Atlanta, GA
Tuesday marked the deadline for American troops to pull out of Iraq's towns and cities -- a long-anticipated date that has been met by street festivals in Baghdad.

More...

Mar 2007
San Diego, CA
CNN.com said:
Tuesday marked the deadline for American troops to pull out of Iraq's towns and cities -- a long-anticipated date that has been met by street festivals in Baghdad.

More...

I know why they fear - terrorist activity, trying to undermine the government security of the country. And interference from other countries like Iran.

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
waitingtables said:
How's it going?
I can't say from the IZ. I just know route Irish from Baghdad to Camp Victory was full of military convoys today. I supposed to go to the IZ in a few days. I will give you all a full report then.

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
onthefence said:
Don't forget your bullet proof vest! Hate to point out the obvious but.... Stay safe.
It's about a 12 kilometer drive from where I'm at to our headquarters in the IZ. We don't use armed security anymore, so I will be driving a regular pick-up truck there in a few days. Pounds won't do any good if you happen upon a IED anyway. We are truly "manly men."

May 2008
pensacola_niceman said:
It's about a 12 kilometer drive from where I'm at to our headquarters in the IZ. We don't use armed security anymore, so I will be driving a regular pick-up truck there in a few days. Pounds won't do any good if you happen upon a IED anyway. We are truly "manly men."
Yea, that's why you guys get the big bucks, right?

On a pucker factor chart of 0 to 10 how would you rate your little outing? And, back in the states are there any areas where there is a pucker factor on the same scale? Or, is the job you do have a higher pucker factor than the environment where you have to commute? Just wondering... I know some areas in the states and in Puerto Rico that I wouldn't want to do a commute through or stop my car in the case of a car problem... guess you know what I mean?