Iraqis cheer -- and fear -- U.S. pullout from cities

CNN

Aug 2006
Atlanta, GA
Tuesday marked the deadline for American troops to pull out of Iraq's towns and cities -- a long-anticipated date that has been met by street festivals in Baghdad.

More...

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
I am right here in the middle of it. There were shitloads of convoys coming in to Camp Victory (from Baghdad) today.

highway80west

Former Staff
Mar 2007
San Diego, CA
CNN.com said:
Tuesday marked the deadline for American troops to pull out of Iraq's towns and cities -- a long-anticipated date that has been met by street festivals in Baghdad.

More...

I know why they fear - terrorist activity, trying to undermine the government security of the country. And interference from other countries like Iran.

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
waitingtables said:
How's it going?
I can't say from the IZ. I just know route Irish from Baghdad to Camp Victory was full of military convoys today. I supposed to go to the IZ in a few days. I will give you all a full report then.

onthefence

Former Staff
Jan 2005
laying on the fence
Don't forget your bullet proof vest! Hate to point out the obvious but.... Stay safe.

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
onthefence said:
Don't forget your bullet proof vest! Hate to point out the obvious but.... Stay safe.
It's about a 12 kilometer drive from where I'm at to our headquarters in the IZ. We don't use armed security anymore, so I will be driving a regular pick-up truck there in a few days. Pounds won't do any good if you happen upon a IED anyway. We are truly "manly men."

May 2008
pensacola_niceman said:
It's about a 12 kilometer drive from where I'm at to our headquarters in the IZ. We don't use armed security anymore, so I will be driving a regular pick-up truck there in a few days. Pounds won't do any good if you happen upon a IED anyway. We are truly "manly men."
Yea, that's why you guys get the big bucks, right?

On a pucker factor chart of 0 to 10 how would you rate your little outing? And, back in the states are there any areas where there is a pucker factor on the same scale? Or, is the job you do have a higher pucker factor than the environment where you have to commute? Just wondering... I know some areas in the states and in Puerto Rico that I wouldn't want to do a commute through or stop my car in the case of a car problem... guess you know what I mean?