Is Anybody Else Sick to Death of Hearing Democrats Gripe About the Choice Between Two Old White Men?!

May 2018
none
I never attacked Warren. My statements don't apply to her.

Agreed.

The idea that a senile old White guy is the most electable candidate is straight up identity politics.
Then it is up to the candidates who run in the primaries to convince people to vote for them. Obama managed to do it years ago. And also, people have to go vote! Even Bernie said he failed to get the youth to come out and vote. Those are the two issues that I see right now.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2015
chicago
Neither of our choices now are even close to being as inadequate or mediocre as Trump. These are now our choices and we have to go with one of them.
Your response highlights exactly the enthusiasm that will exist for the Deocrats in the upcoming general election. For the Democrats, turn out is key....so.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Neither of our choices now are even close to being as inadequate or mediocre as Trump. These are now our choices and we have to go with one of them.
ok, i get it. none of our choices were as horrible as Trump (lets forget about Marianne Williamson or wtf ever her name was...)

HOW-THE-FUCK-EVER......................... for the MILLIONTH TIME GUYS..................... i have VOTED already. i cant vote again. at all period. done. so the difference between Sanders and Biden to me and all the people like me in my state is MOOT. we VOTED. WE CANNOT SUPPORT ANOTHER OF THESE OLD ASS WHITE MEN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN VOTE UNTIL ONE OF THEM IS VS TRUMP.

please, can you guys stop lecturing me on why i need to support one or the other -----> because i can only support the one who is on the ballot come November ffs.

i wish i had Bloomberg's ad buying power now, i would put it as a banner on every page of DTF ----> "LYZZA HAS ALREADY VOTED GODDAMNIT!!!"

May 2018
none
ok, i get it. none of our choices were as horrible as Trump (lets forget about Marianne Williamson or wtf ever her name was...)

HOW-THE-FUCK-EVER......................... for the MILLIONTH TIME GUYS..................... i have VOTED already. i cant vote again. at all period. done. so the difference between Sanders and Biden to me and all the people like me in my state is MOOT. we VOTED. WE CANNOT SUPPORT ANOTHER OF THESE OLD ASS WHITE MEN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN VOTE UNTIL ONE OF THEM IS VS TRUMP.

please, can you guys stop lecturing me on why i need to support one or the other -----> because i can only support the one who is on the ballot come November ffs.

i wish i had Bloomberg's ad buying power now, i would put it as a banner on every page of DTF ----> "LYZZA HAS ALREADY VOTED GODDAMNIT!!!"
And how did that work out for Bloomberg?

Look, I get it. I would have liked to see Warren go all the way too. But have what we have, and we have to deal with it. The way I see it, it is up to the candidates to convince people to vote for them. They did not do that. So next time around they have to look at what can be improved in their messaging to get people to vote for them. Obama did it, TWICE. So it is definitely not impossible.

Feb 2020
Houston

Look, I get it. I would have liked to see Warren go all the way too. But have what we have, and we have to deal with it. The way I see it, it is up to the candidates to convince people to vote for them. They did not do that. So next time around they have to look at what can be improved in their messaging to get people to vote for them. Obama did it, TWICE. So it is definitely not impossible.
Well said.

Question, Lee:

Since Biden is not anyone's best case candidate, but basically the majority's choice given that he seems to be most possibly electable among the ones willing to risk a race against Trump, do you think that we will be spared the fawning news coverage and Party beatification that the Dem prez candidate gets every four years?

Dec 2018
New England
I have just about had it up to my eye-teeth with hearing liberals and progressives and Democrats in general bemoan the fact that we have to choose between two "old white men" as our candidate for president.

WTF!

We had RECORD NUMBERS of African-American, LatinX, Asian, Women - even a Gay man! - candidates in the line-up this year. It was the most diverse bingo-card there has been in my lifetime...I would venture to say in the history of our nation.

And, after the VOTING from the DEMOCRATIC VOTERS happened, so far they have CHOSEN the "two old white men" as THEIR CHOICES for the final run.

So, let's can it with the crocodile tears about the conventional choices. These are the choices that the majority (and a HUGE majority, not a slim one!) of Democrats voted for. If the majority of the Democrats wanted a Woman, or an African American or Asian, or LatinX candidate, they would have voted for one!

View attachment 8375
Personally, I'm rather enjoying it.

Dec 2018
New England
Elizabeth Warren ran on solutions to problems, with dozens of detailed plans. you know why people didnt vote for her? that electability bs that is directly related to being a white man. and no they didnt all run on "identity politics" but the people that voted went with the "safe" options (again, cover for white man).

i am tired of inadequate or mediocre white men period.
Elizabeth Warren ran on venom. No wonder you love her.

Sep 2015
Stage Left

ok i am so confused and maybe you replied to the wrong post.... but wtf did you mean by that how did it work out for Bloomberg? she knocked his ass out of the race, for real. i have no clue what that has to do with anything i talked about......